Appl has reached near the bottom..

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stocktrader2007, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Bottom? Bottom!?! What the hell are you talking about?

You can't call a bottom 2 days and 15% off an all time high. That's a long hangover, not a bottom. If Apple were Mount Everest we'd still be on bottled oxygen. You wouldn't be able to see base camp with a telescope.

Bottom my ass.

Martin

#11     Nov 10, 2007
  2. AAPL has to be valued by generating cash flows...don´t forget their deals with telecom companies...marketing / business develpoment of I-Phone in Europe and Asia just begun...BUY ON DIPS ! :p

#12     Nov 11, 2007
  3. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

look whats started to happen friday.. it looked to me like we may now have a rotation out of tech - back into financial its really to soon to say this however this is what i saw friday. some of these stocks were killed.. people r now stepping in.. at the end of 2007 we may all be surprised.. remember these should be one or two time wright downs the co's r doing ok besides that.

#13     Nov 11, 2007
  4. I am still holding AAPL Dec 180 calls, which I was up pretty decently on... til the stock took a nose dive here. I am now actually down like $8k on the position and in the process of deciding if and when to sell. I am hoping for a decent bounce due to sells of iphone in europe and going into xmas, but realize that I might be in for a big disappointment.

Part of my problem is that I also wonder if the money rotation out of tech is temporary or more long term and why this effects retail focused tech firms such as Apple so much. That 10 point selloff on Friday really concerns me as I was expecting a pause (at minimum) and selling accelerated into the close. I have an equal amount of money sitting on the sidelines, but I am not good at bottom fishing and feel that the moment I decide to start buying tech related stocks or financials the real drop will start.

Who is holding thru on AAPL til Xmas season?

#14     Nov 11, 2007
  5. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

I would guess we are do for a bounce here. But I do believe we go down to 12,5-600. I dont agree with this however the market is driven by the media and they follow "the charts" thats bull shit to me but this is what is in everyones head - sort of like 100 dollar oil it should not be but the media hype has everyone thinking it has to be.
    This isn't much different from propaganda during times of war..
    If you had the common of appl i would say sit it out.. But from one trader options trader to another - well you have DEC calls if you were out till jan - feb would be nice. When I'm not to sure I sell half. and sit this shit out. like CSCO said the US market is lumpy. High PE stocks will pay the price in this environment.

#15     Nov 11, 2007
  6. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

Trader--I hope you make your money back but in these environment I would take a bite at apple around 153-155. that was a major point of inflection a month or so ago. But again this is a guess.
    From were i sit (I have friends at mgmt level in retail) I hear this year is just as good or slightly better than last year.
    Doom and Gloom it is not Jobs are good. 100 oil is not good.
    China stock market concerns me allot,
    Say what you want about but MR Buffet but he was right about his call on the crash in 2000 and now he is pulling his money out of china.

#16     Nov 11, 2007
  7. aapl to 200 soon

#17     Nov 11, 2007
  8. How long is "soon"?

How much do you own?

Are you buying more here?

Do you have a stop, if so what price?

#18     Nov 11, 2007
  9. AAPL will hit 200 within a year.

You can't place stops on AAPL easily without getting shaken out. Sometimes AAPL will fall 20+% from its high before making new 52 week highs.

Own no position since RIMM is somewhat better.

#19     Nov 11, 2007
  10. exactly, csco was so overpriced it wasn't funny. there was no way a company that size could grow into its p/e ratio at that time.

apple is still growing and even if they don't sell as many iphones/ipods their big margin maker is what? not to mention selling outside of the US could offset any drop in consumer spending within the US.

i believe apple will be higher come next spring unless the market just blows up. then you could be looking at apple trading at bargain basement prices. i was bullish around 115 so even a big drop will still mean positive territory. good companies don't go on sale very often.

#20     Nov 11, 2007