Appian Rushmore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by exe, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Gansoro

Gansoro

When I upgraded my computer system, I intended to use Windows XP. However, not only were the drivers not available for the Rushmore card, but everyone I talked to in the trading community and beyond suggested that I go with Windows 2k. I'm happy that I did. It is rock solid and first in line for any driver upgrades.

Honestly, you are losing me when you ask what kind of chipset/motherboard I am using, or wether I am running Rambus memory. If you can tell me where to get that information, I will be happy to look.

#11     Jun 26, 2002
  2. exe

exe

Gansoro,

yeah I agree about drivers and W2K. XP is rock solid as well, but lacking drivers for some products.

As for the motherboard/chipset info, I'll go safe and buy an Intel chipset, don't need the info from you. Thanks. FYI a motherboard is that big square thing inside the computer where everything is plugged to it, your memory, video card, processor etc. That's the mainboard. And there is a controlling chip that directs how all these components communicate with each other, and that's called a chipset (a set cause there's usually a few chips performing the function).

#12     Jun 26, 2002
  3. I just got a Dell 4500, installed the Rushmore and hooked up a Dell 17" CRT and 2 Viewsonic Digital VG171b LCD Flat Panels. Only problem I have is that the computer doesn't recognize the monitors except as "default monitor" on the control panel so I haven't been able to "tweak" some of the Dell CRT monitor settings (which isn't bad to begin with). The Viewsonics look great and I haven't had any other computer problems.

#13     Jul 1, 2002
  4. exe

exe

Update: I got my motherboard changed to a Abit IT7 (using Intel 845E chipset) and the Rushmore card now works.

However, I still have one outstanding problem (aside from the betaish XP driver). I get random green pixels lighting up on black backgrounds when running digital mode on my Viewsonic VG191 LCD. You can't see it on all black backgrounds, but will notice it when, for example, surfing the net and looking at graphics with black on them. Or if you put up the black dog wallpaper that comes with XP, you will see it lighting up.

I don't have this problem with my analog LCD or when running analog on the Viewsonic. And my viewsonic runs fine on ATI Radeon digital. Anyone else experiencing this?

formika, that 'default monitor' setting is due to the driver not being ready. Thanks for the input.

#14     Jul 2, 2002
  5. I tried to install the drivers but wasn't able to do so. Since everything is working well otherwise, I've been reluctant to mess with it anymore.

#15     Jul 2, 2002
  6. Using it for two weeks now:

P4, 1.8 Ghz
    18 GB SCSI
    1024 GB RAM
    Windows XP Pro

Only using 2 monitors at this time, both Mitsubishi 18.1 flat screen LCDs, and have the same configuration on a 2nd computer. systems are working great.

#16     Jul 2, 2002
  7. I was running version 1.0 only a week or so ago. However, they told me the Hydravision software would not run with Windows XP Pro. Little did they know I was already running Hydravision with a Jeronimo Pro video card on an XP Pro since late 2001. Anyway, they now have version 1.08 which is working fine for me.

The tech people at Appian are very helpful, but their communication between themselves is suspect, and different tech people will tell you different things.

Overall, I am a happy Appian user, and will never look elsewhere in the future.

#17     Jul 2, 2002
  8. exe

exe

Sarasota, I agree with you regarding tech support. I think Matrox has better tech support but the problem is, their G200MMS is at the end of its life.

I'd like to ask you, I have XP Pro with Driver 1.08. When I go to display settings, I get an error message window. Also, the suspend/standby feature (when you shut down) is not functional. Do you get the same thing?

formika, if you want to install the drivers, it's easy. If you need a walkdown on it, let me know.

#18     Jul 2, 2002
  9. gotwals

gotwals

Like exe noted, the powersaver mode for my monitor does not work. My screen saver works OK, but both my monitors do not go into standbye mode. This feature did work OK with my previous card which was a Matrox G450.

#19     Jul 2, 2002
  10. Gansoro

Gansoro

I recently installed the latest Rushmore drivers for windows 2k. Prior to installing the updated drivers, my power saver didn't work on my monitors either. However, since the upgrade, they the feature works fine.

#20     Jul 6, 2002