Apparently pizza can save your life.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChkitOut, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Who knew? :confused: :eek: :p

Woman orders pizza everyday for 3 years -- and it saved her life...

Alert pizza delivery driver saves customer's life

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - A pizza delivery driver was called a hero Monday after she likely saved an elderly woman's life.

Before Monday's incident, most neighbors knew little about Memphis resident Jean Wilson, except that she's eaten pizza daily for the past three years.

"We make her pizza every day before she even calls, because we know she's going to call," delivery driver Susan Guy said.

Guy often delivers Wilson's regular order, one large pepperoni pizza, but recently workers at her restaurant noticed an unusual break in the pattern.

"She hadn't called in three days," Guy said. "My boss told me about it today."

Guy insisted to her boss that she be allowed to check on Wilson.

"He was like, 'Naw, you don't have to do that,' and I said, 'Yeah I do. Clock me out if that's what you gotta do,'" Guy said.

Guy drove to Wilson's house and knocked on her door, but no one answered. Then, she banged on Wilson's windows, but there was still no response. Running out of options, Wilson ran to neighbor Larry Comeaux's house for help.

"The pizza lady came over and knocked on the door wanting to know if I'd seen the lady across the street," Comeaux said.

"And he said, 'No, maybe she's not home,'" Guy said. "And I said, 'Well, not home?' I said, 'How many times have you see her leave?' And he goes, 'Never.'"

Guy quickly called 911. When police arrived, they broke down the door to Wilson's home, and found her lying on a floor inside.

They soon learned that Wilson had fallen on Saturday, and couldn't get over to a telephone to call for help. Investigators said it's possible that her pizza-only diet may have saved her life.

"She treats us really well," Guy said. "She appreciates us, and that's something we don't get in customers a lot."

Late Monday evening, Wilson was in non-critical condition at St. Francis Hospital.

Copyright 2011 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14071806

2. That's a nice story.

3. Hmm...I dont know...

If I had eaten dominos pizza every day for 3 years, I think I probably would've fallen over unable to get up too!

4. That's the way old people operate. If they don't have family, they initiate a routine so someone will notice.

5. Long DPZ / Short SPY

6. Great planning on her part!

7. That's interesting, never really thought about that but it would probably be cheaper and healthier to just get that "i've fallen and i can't get up" thingy.

8. she should order a large leafy green salad everyday..that's healthy and may save her life and health :cool:

9. But she had diet soda with it so..

10. Would she have lasted three days if her last meal was a large green leafy salad?

Of course, we don't know exactly why she fell-she may have slipped on a greasy slice of pizza.

#10     Feb 24, 2011