Apparently, Palin dumbs herself down to appeal to the national Republican base

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Of course Andrew Sullivan is gay. He doesn't like being winked at by women. The rest of us weren't disturbed...unless you were of course. LOL.

OldTrader

#31     Oct 6, 2008
  2. I love it how you think the Republican base is stupid when the democratic base is made up of poor dumbasses. Also the democratic party will appeal to anyone for some votes.

#32     Oct 6, 2008
  3. ak15

ak15

Speak for yourself old man. LOL.

#33     Oct 7, 2008
  4. Actually, did you know the Democratic base is highly stratified?

There are extremely wealthy and educated, as well as poor and uneducated, amongst its ranks.

Curiously (or maybe not), the newfangled GOP is similar in this composition. With the GOP, the poor and uneducated tend to be rural (whereas this portion of the Dem base is urban).

The old labels don't really fit as well, anymore, which is why 'liberal' and 'conservative' terms don't carry the resonance or cache they once did.

Every damn thing is being shaken up, and conventional wisdom is being turned on its head, as the new 'realignment' of the American geopolitical landscape takes place (with states like Colorado, Nevada, Virginia and New Mexico turning blue).

#34     Oct 7, 2008

5. Ah, so now you think the troops are dumbasses, to :D :D

#35     Oct 7, 2008
  6. And you can't figure out why the 3 most western of those states are turning?

#36     Oct 7, 2008
  7. Of course I know.

Oh, you want me to say it?

Your language or mine?

I'll use my language, which I am confident is much more sensible than what I strongly suspect you'd say (but maybe I'm wrong):

The population of those states, especially in the urban centers, is becoming more culturally, economically, racially and ethnically diverse, given the recent patterns of migration.

Pabst, I really do hope you have an experience one day where you realize that it's on the inside of a person that counts. I know you will regard this with a jaded and cynical perspective, for whatever reason that is so ingrained in your outlook, but maybe that will change when you do have a life experience where you do realize that what a person believes, how they act, and what they hold as virtue is far, far more important than the accent they have, the color of their skin or the religion or non-religion they practice.

For some people, it takes a physical act of risk and selflessness such as a black man pulling a white man from a burning wreckage of what was a house or a car (or vice-versa; as their are black racists), saving there life, thus rendering their old vantage point dead on the spot.

The world is changing. Old stereotypes of who people are based on their wrapper really are becoming less common.

You may be threatened by that sea change. I welcome it.

You should try opening your mind and judging people based on how they act and what they believe, on a case by case basis.

America's virtue is that it allows us to create a melting pot, and to lean on each other. We are the envy of the world when we pull off the melting pot thing successfully.

Cracker ass cracker.

#37     Oct 7, 2008
  8. Funny, but it seems like the Republican campaign is centering on her and not McCain.

#38     Oct 7, 2008
  9. That is correct. I suspect in VA the opposite. The northern part of the state is taking on a more Northeastern U.S. liberal white demographic. Some of that is certainly happening in NC as well. In fact if this election turns into a blowout win for Obama-it may-I'd expect North Carolina to do the unthinkable.

#39     Oct 7, 2008
  10. Yes there are poor republicans who live in rural areas but the crime rate is amazingly low and they are not being spoon fed with welfare money.

As for ByLowSellHi. The inside of a person is the only thing that counts about a person. Civil rights is the best example of this. Rights are one of the most important things in this country. It should be agreeable that a person should never have to sacrifice their rights for another's rights should it not? A right is all about living free. There are things that cost money and those things do nothing in the way of infringing other's rights. Yet today we have many who think that some people's rights should be imposed upon so that other totally free people can buy things with money.

My question to you is that if you believe a person should never have to forcibly sacrifice their right's for someone else's than how can you advocate taking money from people which is rightfully theres to serve not the interests of the government but rather the interest of people who want more money. If you think the only part of a person that matters is the inside of the person than how can you advocate that?

#40     Oct 7, 2008