Apparently, Palin dumbs herself down to appeal to the national Republican base

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Remember your grade three school teacher? THAT'S who she sounds like in this video. She's talking down to you and you don't even know it. And if you can't tell the difference between this Palin video and the Obama video you subsequently posted, then you are in the right classroom.

#11     Oct 6, 2008
  2. I have to agree with Pabst here. Anybody running for office sticks a shotgun up my ass is definitely NOT getting my vote.

#12     Oct 6, 2008
  3. I don't think that's Obama's campaigning modus operandi. Palin's the NRA gal. You'd best be finding cover for your hind quarters when she's in the room.

Whether she needs to play down to you guys is debatable. However, she and/or her handlers have chosen to do so. This gives you an indication of her regard towards you.

#13     Oct 6, 2008
  4. Palin simply appeared more prepared and well versed in the issues for the Alaska debates.

However, anyone who believes she is a thinker of any depth is very uniformed.

Being a regressive doesn't require intelligence, it simply requires simplistic two dimensional thinking in the past with no idea how to get toward a future that is passing America by...

Palin is just another rudimentary black and white thinker, appealing to the other black and white thinkers, while the world is actually full of an immense variety of colors...

The entire foundation of her thinking is dogmatic in nature, which is why she attracts the dogmatists, the anachronistic minds who live in a past that now reeks from the stench of its stale vapidity.

Like an aging beauty queen, it really is all down hill for her and her supporters, they just don't know it yet.

Watched Pat Buchanan the other night on CNBC...he is looking old and not fresh at all...which is probably why his appeal is still alive in Palin, another old time non thinker living in a black and white TV world...

#14     Oct 6, 2008
  5. Oh, please don't give past due a stiffy thinking about such things...

#15     Oct 6, 2008
  6. Would that, then, be the insult to injury part? A not-particularly-bright and not-so-informed Vice Presidential running mate talking DOWN to her base?

#16     Oct 6, 2008
  7. She doesn't want to appear to smart.

Dumb and pretty is the republican way.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0rXmuhWrlj4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0rXmuhWrlj4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#17     Oct 6, 2008
  8. Yannis

Yannis

Speaking of being smart - a smart liberal, what an oxymoron - the correct spelling is "too" :)

#18     Oct 6, 2008
  9. She sounds like a pupil in her third grade class (see my earlier school teacher reference) who didn't do her homework and is trying to finesse an answer to a direct question without admitting she doesn't have a clue. Sadly, she was probably thinking she got away with it. Even more sadly, she probably did get away with it insofar as her base is concerned.

#20     Oct 6, 2008