Apparently ”bull market” is an ambiguous term

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Maverick2608, Aug 6, 2018.

1. I think my post is quite appropriate for this thread title...thank you.

#21     Aug 6, 2018
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Fine, you wish to go that way, I can accommodate ye. I suggested we take it to PM, but you wish to discuss it here, fine then.

"I cannot consider a person a trader that just loads up their account with capital and buys the ES dips..."

Savant, who the hell cares what a person is titled if they load up on the ES and make a boatload of money? Buying the dips on any major equity index this year would be in profit right now. So are they a trader? A scalper? A swinger? A position trader? An investor? Who the hell cares what6 they are called when they are up so much in this bull market? There is no ego to bruise here.

We do not care what our title is. All we care about is making MONEY. If I were to make 50K this year and you called me a scalper, then so be it. If you called me a loser, then so be it. If you called me a wanna' be "trader", then so be it. If I make 50K this year in the markets, but not as what you consider as a trader, then you know what? You can KEEP that trader title close to your bosom, and apply it to anybody you wish. If I make 50K per year doing what I do, then you can call me anything you wish. Poet, artist, duelist, magnifique....Just do NOT call me Shirley. :)

#22     Aug 6, 2018
  3. This is a trading Venue...not an Investing Venue...There is a difference you know. Why don't you go over to Seeking Alpha? or at least respect this site and post about trading? Do you see ANYBODY posting about investing here? I do not personally come to ET to read about Investing. I have been a trader for 41 years and have done quite ok...Trading is a very valid way of making money, I have survived and prospered for 41 years, whether you like it or not. You seem to look at every trader like they are wasting their time because you failed at it.

ES

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    #23     Aug 6, 2018
  4. Overnight

Overnight

your tras
    *sighs* I wanted to go to PM about this, not talk about it here. I had to run out for a bit and you could not wait. It was so simple. I wanted to speak further about it in PM, not in public. But now I will not belabor the point any further than what I mentioned above...I never mentioned anything about investing. I simply mentioned that if someone makes 50K in a year position "trading", they are no less a trader than someone who makes 50K per year by scalping a few ticks per day...

And since you seem so keen on touting that you have been a "trader" for 41 years, why are you so adamant on trying to learn scalping the ES? Jesus dude, you were "trading" the markets before there were even circuit breakers in place. Many people on this forum do not know the history of the 1987 crash in October.

"You seem to look at every trader like they are wasting their time because you failed at it."

I do not care how many posts you have, and how long you may have been on this forum, but NOBODY who after 41 years of trading would resort to a comment like that on a forum like this. To assume I look at every trader like they have failed and to assume I have failed as a "trader" does not jive with the general gist of sensibility. I am holding my own, it's cool.

Final thoughts, Savant....If your DOM method works, then it should work on most liquid instruments. Like the ZB. Try the GC and LE also. If the tape is true, then it should work in most spaces, yes? Hell, try soybeans. ZS.

#24     Aug 6, 2018
  5. Overnight

Overnight

No, the "truth" does not sting. You are a self-proclaimed senior trader asking for help. You have been trading for four decades. I asked you to go to PM about this, but you keep bringing it up here. Hmm, I will try again. Believe it or not, I am trying to help you.

#25     Aug 6, 2018
  6. Ok...But I am fully invested. I want to use 15% of my portfolio to speculate here with and if I lose it sure I care but it would not be catastrophic. We are prolly very much alike..but I come to ET to trade..that's all...nothing personal..I have never used the DOM in my career as a professional trader or a non-professional trader. I have alway been astonished at DOM traders...but you came on my possible hall of fame thread and damn near destroyed it...so I thought you did not like me or my style...But I do not really care as I think I understand you more than you think.

ES

P.S. I had an account at Payne Webber, Refco FXCM and Snively's platform ...what happened to my funds?...do not ask. My first account was called the share builder account by Merrill Lynch WHEN I WAS 17 YEARS OLD AND MY PARENTS HAD TO COSIGN. I held credit default swaps...what do you think happened to my GNMA fund? I was the first to invest in those for 10 YEARS? You could not beat the GNMA's. Something about Morgan Stanley...Can't remember after I was hospitalized... How many individual investors do you know that could hold corporate credit default swaps?...I was a Pioneer. I have rebuilded over and over in the last 41 years...too much to remember. I have traded millions have you? Does not matter does it? I want to speculate and not gamble and I love ET for this forum. Ask Baron about my history here in ET if you do not believe me. You would not believe who reads these pages. But I digress and am BAAAACK...fully recovered :finger: You aint seen nothin' yet I will make 10 times what I lost...except for time.

P.S.S. Let me go hook up my new puter' now...will be up all night. Does anybody know how to make USB to VGA adapters work in Windows 10?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    #26     Aug 6, 2018
  7. Overnight

Overnight

*handshake* Cool man. We all get flustered from time to time. I am learning still learning how to chill online after 35ish years of this shit, hehe. Good music is important in trading. *sighs* This is why from time to time I post certain song/vids. It just helps. Peace to us all in these pseudo-turbulent times.

#27     Aug 6, 2018
  8. Overnight

Overnight

K, I am out. Happy trading.

#28     Aug 6, 2018
  9. Overnight I hate you for calling my hand...:vomit:

#29     Aug 6, 2018
  10. Have you ever been to Red Rocks? I just moved out of Denver after 10 years last year.

#30     Aug 6, 2018