APIs that employ observer-pattern design

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by kwayker22, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Hey Folks,
    Writing to inquire whether you guys use any APIs that employ an observer-pattern design; as explained here:

Any feedback is much appreciated

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

NinjaTrader can do it since it supports full fledged c#.

kwayker22 likes this.
  3. Gotcha, do you use NinjaTrader?
    I was specifically looking for people who implement this in their trading API to alleviate some questions I had or perhaps ask for some documentation
    Thanks

4. gtcode

gtcode

You should be able to implement the pattern into the code that utilizes a typical API in OO code (C#, etc).

What is your question exactly?

5. 2rosy

2rosy

every realtime api I have used is observer. TT,CQG,Active,IB, various FIX libs,...

6. Hello,
    I apologize for not being specific; I'm currently working with a trading platform API that employs an Observer-pattern design (Takion) and am trying to achieve some basic goals in order to get a better feel for programming in C++ as well as the API itself. Due to lack of sufficient documentation as well as scarcity in individuals who can help in this regards, I'm having a very hard time making progress. I figured that if there are other trading APIs with perhaps better documentation that employ this same design, I can learn about those and have a better idea as to what i need to do in the case of Takion API.
    So my exact question is i guess, do you use a trading platform API that employs observer pattern design and if so, can you help me understand some concepts in relation to that

Thanks again for any feedback/comments

7. That's great! Do you have experience with coding using this design? If so, is it okay if I ask you some questions regarding this? Currently using takion and having a hard time wrapping my head around the API

8. gtcode

gtcode

9. 2rosy

2rosy

usually you implement the provided interface that has several onSomething() like methods

so you connect and then messages flow back through your implemented methods ie.

void onUpdate(MarketData md){
    print md.Bid;
    }

#10     Oct 3, 2018