API excel blog question

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Big Game Hunter, Jan 12, 2006.

1. O.k This question is for anyone with experience programming the easy API excel blog specifically with regards to linking it with Interactive Brokers.. Is it possible to create a spreadsheet which sends orders to Interactive Brokers Globex servers. Specifically I want it to do just one thing... To read the moving average values of 2 parameters and then execute simple logic off it. So basically it would call the chart at regular sub 5 second intervals for the moving average values and then execute logic like if moving average A greater than moving average B THEN BUY and vice versa. Is this possible? I just had someone program something for me but it cant drill on the separations correctly when it comes to testing. Any advice on this one would be very appreciated. Basically I have a system that I want to test but I cant get an automated system that adheres to my very simple logic. It always screws up the separation between moving avreage values. IE I dont want it to go through at level pegging ie where both values are the same but rather at a distance defined by me. Thanks for any advice you can give

2. CPPTRADER

CPPTRADER

I'm a experienced Microsoft Excel Developer, I can give advise and do some CPP coding, but I charge a fee.

Regards,
    CPP

3. Trying to help. (free of charge :) )
    Possible causes:
    (1) Programmer made a mistake;
    (2) You did not explain things properly to your programmer;
    (3) You did not have as clear an idea as you thought you did.

PS: computers NEVER screw up anything.

4. hihi

hihi

You can find something similar here http://www.indexfuturos.com/systems/smt.htm

Regards.