Aphie's quest into Futures

Discussion in 'Journals' started by aphexcoil, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jammy

jammy

Alphex,

Did you ever close that paper trade on the 10 strike oct ORCL calls you bought at .60? I was curious if your strategy still has you holding it or did you close that position?

Thanks

#51     Oct 1, 2002
  2. Whaddaya know, there was no other thread that was closed; it was this thread. Please put it out of its misery (and ours!) PS- Aph kissers, please lighten up.:)

Originally posted by Baron:

"It will be very dificult for others to benefit from your journal if it becomes a repository of off-topic conversation before you post your first trade .... if your journal loses focus before your first trade is made because of the off-topic comments of others , it will be moved to .... the chit chat forum."

Originally posted by qwiktrade:

"why not just move aphies journal to chit chat.. then when he starts trading with cash he can open another one in the Journal forum and link to the old one in his first post."

Magna's response:

"Two very good comments, two very good suggestions. I will reopen aphie's thread and leave it in the Journals forum for now. Hopefully things will stay on-topic prior to him trading. If not, we'll move it to the Chit-Chat forum and if he chooses he can start a fresh trading journal thread."

#52     Oct 1, 2002
  3. max401,

look DUDE, i'm not an ass kisser and i'm not furious. i'm just a big believer of if you don't like something, don't pay attention to it. if you can't stand aphie and his thread, put him on ignore and don't read his thread. get it?? suggesting to close the thread is imposing your beliefs on others that may not share your view. if YOU simply ignore him, you won't have to read his posts and at the same time others can if they want. if the thread is closed, then only people who share your opinion win.

i'm also a believer of letting the "marketplace" decide what is wanted. if nobody has any interest in this thread, it will fade away ON ITS OWN.

#53     Oct 1, 2002
  4. No. Generally when I play an option, I view it as an all-or-nothing proposition. ORCL came out with lower than expected earnings and it went the wrong way. The reason I bought it in the first place is because ORCL is one of the tech stocks I watch frequently, so I am familiar with its price range -- and it was the day before their earnings announcement and also the day when Iraq agreed to receive inspectors. Not only was I wrong about the macro-picture of the market, but I was wrong on ORCL's numbers. A speculative play that didn't pan out right.
    :eek:

#54     Oct 1, 2002
  5. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

... well, putting it all together. Does that mean my thread would be stopped too? I haven't posted my real trades yet.

Damn... who cares what Aphie does... just don't read the thread if you don't like it.

I don't find all the negative response entertaining, yet...

Good luck to you, Aphie and good luck to the guys flaming...

#55     Oct 2, 2002
  6. Look, D U D E , I didn't suggest that you were an ass kisser, I said aph kisser.

Imposing my beliefs on others? Like, DUDE, what are you smokin' MAN? Check out Baron, qwiktrade and Magna's opinion, DUDE.

What part of, if your journal loses focus before your first trade, don't you understand?

What part of, why not just move aphies journal to chit chat, don't you understand?

What part of, If not, we'll move it to the Chit-Chat forum, don't you understand, DUDE?

#56     Oct 2, 2002
  7. Max,

Enough. I can see Baron and Magna were absolutely right because I was totally ignorant of the fact that there are people like you who have nothing better to do than always feel the need to be right.

Magna, please close this journal for a few days and I'll PM you when I am ready to post my first set of real trades. I appologize, but you were absolutely right and I was wrong.

#57     Oct 2, 2002
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

This journal is temporarily closed at aphie's request. It will be reopened when he begins trading futures.

#58     Oct 2, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.