Aphie's quest into Futures

Discussion in 'Journals' started by aphexcoil, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aphie -

I can tell you already started trading; you're on edge. :D

Part of trading success is being ready mentally; I know I've sat there like a fainting goat sometimes.

Look forward to your journal.

#41     Oct 1, 2002
  2. Gosh, I don't know aphie, I think it's rather difficult for most of us to come up with these groundbreaking prognostications of yours:

One of three things will happen:

I will make money

I will lose money

I will break even

#42     Oct 1, 2002
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Aphie, i am appreciative of anyone who shares with both me and the board. But what you must understand is that swinging the club on the practice tee, and putting for the green jacket, are night and day. The "tools" you must bring to the table extend beyond charts or indicators. In "real time" one is not trading price or time but ultimately himself.

#43     Oct 1, 2002
  4. Aphie, this is what I have written and framed on the wall :

"Successful trading comes down to 3 things:
    Knowledge, nerve and the ability to lose money"
    (S&P pit trader Joseph Siegel)

Haven't yet traded live, you probably don't get the full meaning, but soon, you will.

Cheers!! :)

#44     Oct 1, 2002
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

C'mon guys, let's keep all personal attacks out of the Journals forum. We've now reached 8 pages prior to a single trade as I anticipated, and I realize many people are anxiously awaiting aphie's futures career. But he will start placing real money trades when he chooses, so best to let the "journal" rest until that time. Thanks.

#45     Oct 1, 2002
  6. Magna- didn't you or some other moderator already suspend aphexcoil's previous journal because he had not engaged in actual trading yet?

Now, he starts another "journal" and as before, no trading. On 9-16 he said "The check should arrive any day." As before, you should shut this journal down until he actually gets started.

#46     Oct 1, 2002
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

max401,

If everyone would stop posting in this journal it will naturally move down the queue. When aphie is ready to trade he will revive it and then everyone's posts will be more appropriate. Otherwise it's just adding continual noise and keeping it at the top of the list.

#47     Oct 1, 2002
  8. Now we are the arbiters? Why not take the same action as last time and close the thread?

#48     Oct 1, 2002
  9. dude, who gives a fuck? is it really that big of a deal? as magna said, just don't post in it and it will go away. actually, nobody is even forcing you to read it at all! why can't you just ignore this thread if you don't like it? as for aphie, why don't we let him trade and post when he wants.

#49     Oct 1, 2002
  10. Excuse me, "dude," reread magna's message, he suggests no one post in it, period. FYI, the current subject matter of magna's post is: "We've now reached 8 pages prior to a single trade..."

#50     Oct 1, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.