Aphie

Discussion in 'Trading' started by savage, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Sarasota,

I know of only one person who is averaging around 10 ES points per day, and he's been trading futures for a very, very long time. I've talked with him about trading -- you can review the posts on USENET. His name is Jack Hershey. You may also check out Oattrader, who is also the best of the best of the best. Top Gun for future's traders.

I'm not sure how these guys do it, and even their vocabulary is well above mine when it comes to articulating the market's behaviours.

I think they are just a product of years and years of ebb and flow and a lot of experience.

If you are truly averaging +10 ES points a day, I nominate you for the next Market Wizard's book.

#51     Sep 11, 2002
  2. egotraitor,

I bet your neighbor wasn't using TA that week!

#52     Sep 11, 2002
  3. I found in most of Alphie's posts both innocence (not ignorance) and honesty, two good qualities that are sometimes hard to find in a person (including traders) :)

Cheers !! :cool:

#53     Sep 11, 2002

4. Aphie, I thought you were going to e-mail me a "power point" presentation on how you trade. I was going to share with you how I trade as well.

People don't have to believe me. Its okay. Why most posters are skeptical about 10 ES points per day is because they are unprofitable and, for the most part, all look at the same (types of) things when they trade. For the most part they scalp for 1/2 point here, 3/4 point there. Its a freaking joke. They don't have a strong opinion on the market or at the very least have an expectation where price will move, let alone discipline or the knowledge of how to manage a trade. And if you don't have an expectation, how in the Hell can you trade?

This is exactly why I switched from a heavy emphasis on fib numbers to something that the masses don't look at. With that being said however, I posted three trades real time that were strictly fib two weeks ago, all were profitable, and the cynics here were still bitching and moaning. I suppose I was just lucky three days in a row, huh? To be honest, it was silly to even post these trades as they were happening. I was trying to make a point that fib numbers do work when used properly and in conjunction with one another. I really didn't have to post these trades REAL TIME to make a point, especially when fib is about 5 to 10% of what I look at, but I did it anyway because I have BALLS. I put my money where my mouth was, which is more than I can say about 99% of the shitheads on this site. Sorry, I am exaggerating. It is probably closer to 99.999%.

If people here don't believe me, no big deal, but there are plenty of people making more than 10 points a day on the ES, and I just happen to be one of them.

As usual, have a taste, and taste it all!

#54     Sep 11, 2002
  5. Will you teach it to me????

#55     Sep 11, 2002
  6. Lot of fibs sic. involved! :D

#56     Sep 11, 2002
  7. Now I never said that I didn't believe you. I have no reason to disbelieve anything until proven otherwise. I have been proven wrong so many times in my life by holding biases, that I'd rather err on the side of naivety and take a man for his word until some event proves that I should not do so anymore.

I have the powerpoint presentation and I will e-mail it to you. I'm sorry I never got it to you in the first place. I will PM you in more detail.

However, just for the record, I never said I did not believe you. Everything to me, through my eyes and my experience, happen at face-value. If I do anything with a bias, then I'm just hindering my own education.

Thanks.

#57     Sep 11, 2002
  8. Yes I know. I promise you the post wasn't directed at you, it was directed at some of the people who made comments the last few weeks that I was living in a fantasy land. I am sorry I put your post in quotes.

Time for bed.

#58     Sep 11, 2002

9. fibs!!! Oh shit! That stuff NEVER EVER works! Forget it then!

:D

#59     Sep 11, 2002
  10. spectre

spectre

me too!

I agree with the take on TA. Fine when it works, sucky when it doesn't. Downside being if you get lulled into believing something "can't" happen because some indicator hasn't given you a piece of information when price behaviour has already shown what's more likely (this is especially true with macd- and if you find yourself solely looking at it to base your decisions on, then you are prolly doing something wrong). However, TA can't be discounted entirely. There are a few I find essential, but even those require subjective application.

10pts/day isn't delusional and I believe Sarasota.

As for 640, teach me too please!

#60     Sep 11, 2002