Aphexcoil defends himself

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendrix

Hendrix

Here it is Aphie. OtL sums it up perfectly.
    Lay off for a while. If you feel a need to post, ask questions. Don't advise.
    Once you start trading (real, NOT paper) start your journal. I can guarantee you it will be one of the best-read threads on ET. Nitro may even deign to predict a number of pages for us.

Humility is a GOOD thing when you are 25 years old----but unfortunately, you tend not to learn this until you are at least 10 years older.

Looking forward to your journal. Keep it low-key until then.

#11     Sep 19, 2002
  2. Aphie,

This is just a guess but maybe you brought Pabst's simmer to a boil with this post;

"It is funny, considering I found out from talking to you that you're just a liar. In fact, you are a new-age hippy wanna-be ultra-liberalist who practices meditation and zen each night in an effort to get closer to some meta-physical bullshit.

Why don't you come down to Earth, Mr. Ultra-Ego, and join the rest of us low-lifes?

Take your hippy loving ass back to your little Zen rock garden and go rake it!

Btw -- you are so full of shit with your trading crap. Yes, you know this is true, too."

You see Pabst and I have been trading together for a little over a month now, he sees what I do everyday in the market...

Now this is not an attempt to beat on my own chest here, but the man knows first-hand that I am not a "liar" of any sort, because he sees me pull REAL $$$$$ out on a consistent basis...

Then he sees an arrogant know it-all that does not even trade, flame and call a person a fake that he knows makes real --oh well you know where I am going with this, you are a relatively bright guy...

All I am trying to say is that you brought this negative attention onto yourself.

Try and be a little less arrogant/childish with the nature of your words in the future------> as you can now see it is BAD KARMA!

How long? Not long? -----> Because what you reap is what you sow...

BTW; you are still on my ignore so don't bother responding or attempting to thrash me again on the boards because I simply can't see it...

#12     Sep 19, 2002
  3. Well then, I guess that just begs the question -- how did you see that post?

Btw, I don't care who you trade with. As far as I'm concerned, you are just as arrogant as anyone else. Would you like me to post your private message to me when you appologized to me, and then acted like an ass again? You have a personality conflict -- because first of all you already have three nicknames racked up on ET.

Now tell me that isn't something to be a little concerned over? What is it with you? Are you suffereing from some identity crisis Mr. LiquidSword, errr .. Publias .. errr ... Commissio ... errr ... what name will it be next week?

#13     Sep 19, 2002
  4. Pabst

Pabst

I love it every time you post. It just reinforces all the negativity I feel emanating from you.

#14     Sep 19, 2002
  5. You are one to talk about negativity Mr. "I need to start a poll to get another ET member kicked off because I'm a baby 40+ year old."

#15     Sep 19, 2002
  6. Pabst

Pabst

Not quite that old Sarasota. But close. Got a young start. And FYI since the first week of Aug. I've had 5 losing days, only 1 of which would I rate as "bad".

#16     Sep 19, 2002
  7. Well I did not read that post until I saw Pabst make his poll, I simply gave in and wanted to see what all the fuss was about...

As far as the names are concerned I was Commisso for about 2 years, I then went and changed it to PubliasBUT MADE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR TO ALL THAT I WAS COMMISSO, posted as LiquidSwords for about a week and then went back to the original name. Now if any of that makes me some kind of schitzo then SO BE IT --- give it a name bro...

Now that that is cleared up, please feel free to post anything that I have EVER PM'd you... My gut told me after your first gazilion posts that you were an idiot and I should ignore you which I did... then i had a momentary lapse of reason, my head got in the way and I thought I may have misjudged youso apologized in case i was ever rude to you... I then shortly after realized that you were indeed the arrogant and ignorant person that my gut told me you were orignaly...

Thats that bro... I am done wasting my time and energy replying to any of your future posts... I have made it a point NEVER TO ARGUE WITH FOOLS; FOR SOMEONE FROM A DISTANCE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO TELL WHO'S WHO
    Commisso

#17     Sep 19, 2002
  8. Pabst

Pabst

Aphie, I felt you were a dildo from your very first thread. Cmon you, haven't even started trading yet and you're talking about turning a 5k into a mil. Best of luck. I do know it can be done though. Three times I took stakes like yours and got close, twice at your age and younger. But I sure never speculated before hand that I could, or I wouldn't gotten close. You must be grounded into the moment,not thinking a single day ahead. As far as my most recent burning dislike for you. yes it was the Commisso post. Here is a guy who believe it or not is three fucking years younger than you! Besides being a superlative trader, I believe he ranks with Van Tharpe, Douglas, and Koppel in recognizing the psychological aspects of trading. For someone his age, to be aware of such issues, absolutely amazing!! I have never as so much heard his voice, yet I respect him as a true friend. Over the summer I was slumping badly. I decided to reach out to a stranger almost twenty years younger. You should only hope to get the returns I've achieved since he began reminding me to focus on my internal being, and let the macro take care of its self. I realize this talk about Zen doesn't seem relevant to many of you newbies. Afterall I don't know how to golf. If I was learning, the first thing I would need to be taught, is how to hold a club. Then the swing. Then some strategy. But after I got good enough that I won a tournament or two, and then felt myself choking in big matches, I wouldn't be practicing with a pro. I'd be with a sports psychologist, working on the "inner game." I hope all of you get to the point where fear of success and self sabotage creep into your trading. That'll mean you've at least overcome the basic learning curve. But at that point, just hope you know a Commisso or Publias or whoever, someone who cares enough about a fellow human to set him back on the right track. So that Aphie was the straw that broke my back. I'm old school babe, don't fuck with my friends.

#18     Sep 20, 2002
  9. ET's Ignore feature is such a beautiful thing. For those that aren't familiar with it, you can just left click on a poster's name and you will be presented with several options, including an option to add that person to your ignore list. Pretty slick. A couple recent threads here have provided a great chance to quickly expand my own ignore list, which I expect will make future scanning of other threads much more efficient and productive.

Thanks, ET!:cool:

#19     Sep 20, 2002

10. STUPIDITY is no excuse. That never changes with maturity. :mad:

#20     Sep 20, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.