Aphexcoil defends himself

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To everyone on Elite Trader:

I am 25 years old. I am just a kid to many of you. As a kid, what I say and what I think may mean little to you. Recently, the user "Pabst" has started numerous threads stating his extreme dislike towards me. He has even started a poll that asks the entire community whether I should be banished.

I feel it is my right to defend myself. First, let me state that it was never my intention to upset anyone on this board. I came here with the same intention as anyone else -- namely, to learn more about trading. Have I traded before? Yes, I have. Was I successful? Yes, I made money. However, I had to stop because of college and job concerns.

Unfortunately, some people have an extreme dislike towards my style here on ET. The only thing I can say is this -- those who don't like my style can elect to ignore me. Those who have supported me -- thank you, I realize that I can come across as somewhat arrogant but I don't really mean to.

I am a good kid and I mean well. I am just here to explore ideas and to get people talking. I start threads with the intention to get ideas to spill out -- not to seek attention. I don't need attention on a message board.

A lot of you have messaged me with support. All I can say is "Thank You!" I realize that, when I begin trading futures, it will be a new experience for me. I never suggested anywhere on this board that I would become a super-trader. I have read the journals of others who have traded e-minis and I support them in their efforts.

I am an honest person. I try to be open and frank. Perhaps my views or methods are somewhat controversial. I am not perfect. I make mistakes. I am only human. I hope that tomorrow I will be a better person than I am today. This is life, and that's how I view it.

I came to ET on the wrong foot, and I am sorry for that. I set a bad first impression that turned a lot of people off. The only thing I can do is apologize for that mistake and to remain more humble and modest. Again, I am a kid, and as a kid I will make mistakes -- please do not write me off because of them.

Hopefully, I will learn the ropes and succeed in trading. From the bottom of my heart, I really do want to succeed. It is a passion of mine. I love the adventure of a new challenge -- and I love the fact that life provides endless opportunities to those who seek them out.

So, in closing, I am sorry that I have upset some of you. I am just a kid and I know nothing. However, someday I hope to be able to help another young "know-it-all" learn the ropes of trading. I am here to learn and to share.

Please forgive me if I have come across in the wrong way. I admit that I am just a kid and that I am immature and have a lot to learn.

However, I am not afraid to admit this and I am also not afraid to accept the judgement that all of you will bestow upon me for my views and posts. I can only hope that some of you find value in some of my ramblings and can tolerate "just another kid trying to learn."

My deepest apologies. I never meant to offend. I concede that I know nothing about anything.

Jason

2. Aphie, you should have just said "kiss my ass!" However, you probably handled it better than I would have. It sounds as if Pabst is losing his ass in this Bear Market. Thats too bad.

Maybe you should start a poll asking the entire Elite Trader community if we should ban Pabst. Well, you probably wouldn't stoop that low.

Pretty sad when someone starts this crap, huh? Pabst says he is 20 years in this thing, so I would guess he is at least in his mid 40s, if not 50s. A grown man acting like a little child. Maybe someone should spank Pabst, put him to bed, and hope he wakes up a grown man.

Again, pretty sad.

P.S. Aphie, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. Kid in his mid twenties with all the enthusiasm in the World. Keep it up man.

3. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

you took the words right out of my mouth.

4. Hey, if the trading gig doesn't work out, maybe you can learn to write computer viruses. I hear that is another way to get a lot of attention and get people pissed off at the same time.

5. Pabst childish? maybe... it is still evident that Aphie has acted childish cursing and cussing. Also, from that, it's evident that he and others have killed a informative thread to a battle between a few guys.

I guess we should just see how it goes for the next few weeks and see....

Also, age is not a issue. I'm 25 too. Look at what I've written and what he's written. You decide.

6. I really don't harbor any hatred towards anyone on Elite. As far as I'm concerned, everyone on here has a unique perspective to share. I can't say that I am thrilled Pabst when out of his way to target me, but what can I do about it?

I'm not going to stop posting unless they truly do ban me. However, I don't think that will happen. I will continue to contribute to ET. Those who don't like it can shove off and those who enjoy it -- thanks for reading my posts. I can assure you that I read yours as well.

What it all comes down to is that we are all here to both share knowledge while having fun doing so. I try to inject a little fun into things -- but so many take things much too seriously. The object of life is to be successful while also learning to breath easily. Some of the users here are too uptight.

Thanks for your support, though. I don't try to be an ass, but sometimes words on a screen prevent someone from expressing and showing the humor behind it.

Who knows -- but you know what? Who cares -- I'm not going anywhere. 99% of the people on this board could vote to banish me. Do you know what that says to me? I'm giving 1% some entertainment and good times. The other 99% need to live a little.

Just my opinion. Then again, I'm just a kid, right? :)

7. just ease up a little...chill out til you start trading...
    right now people may be getting tired of the alphie me me me me b.s....just chill for a while and focus on trading because believe it or not your 5g may evaporate faster than a "fart in the wind" shawshank.........

8. Quah

Quah

Okay aphie - enough already. The more you comment on this, the worse you look.

Yeah, I know, you don't care how you look. Or about how I think you look, or my opinion on how you look.

9. You must be kidding me? Don't worry about how *I* look, just concentrate on your fibs. Your system is doing good. I appreciate your support but I am more than able to fend for myself.

10. Pabst

Pabst

Your far worse than merely arrogant. You're a manipulative little bugger too.

#10     Sep 19, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.