Apex Futures/RCG

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sasha1, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Hearing that Proedge going to move to PFG Best. Will Apex be doing the same?

Hope not because Best Direct sucks as a trading platform imo.

#31     Apr 2, 2002
  2. 1. Which firm is your IB? I think your IB should take care of it if you need broker assistance to place an order.
    2. GNI offers a variety of platforms if you need something more advanced than J-trader.
    Just my two cents, I'd like to see your comments.

#32     Apr 2, 2002
  3. I use eFloorTrade. My broker was on the phone when I called and GNI wouldn't exit my position for me. Since then we have moved to Man Financial as an FCM and the customer service I get has been outstanding. No complaints now!

I have tried other trading platforms but JTrader is the one I like. Not to mention I'm very happy with my broker and stability of the software after we moved to Man.

#33     Apr 2, 2002
  4. Jack Carl and First American merged with Man and became their retail segment, which should be pretty strong. Do they charge a higher commisssion than GNI for the premium service?

#34     Apr 2, 2002
  5. My rate is $1 higher than it was at GNI. I am getting stability, and good service for a very competitive rate.

#35     Apr 2, 2002
  6. stevet

stevet

man could easily charge you what anyone else does - just ask them! your broker will respect you for looking for the best price, since you might not be around unless you get it - the real big money earners pay peanuts per trade!

#36     Apr 2, 2002
  7. Man could charge what everyone else does if they disconnected their T3, fired their tech staff, and put everyone on one server like MANY other FCM's are doing. One of my trading buddies does as many as 600 contracts a day and pays $10 r/t + fees. He pays for the service!!!

#37     Apr 2, 2002
  8. stevet

stevet

trader777

dont believe everything man tells you - they are trained to say all this baloney about their costs

are you seriously saying this this guy is trading 600 contracts a day and paying $10 plus fees per contract - thats 12,000 a month - as i wrote this i had to keep checking that i had got your message right

he could be paying without even trying - less than $2 a r/t all in and getting the best service possible

#38     Apr 2, 2002
  9. stevet

stevet

trader 777

and by the way - why did your broker put you with gni before transfering you to man - if gni were so bad

#39     Apr 2, 2002

10. pardon my ignorance but how could he trade at $2 a r/t if fees are 2.28 a r/t?

Globex = 2.28 round turn
    http://www.cme.com/risk_management/clearing_house/fees.cfm

NFA = .04 round turn

#40     Apr 2, 2002