Apex Futures/RCG

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sasha1, Mar 18, 2002.

1. I reference you to this thread since the same issues applies exactly to Apex/RGC as with eLocal/RGC.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1922&perpage=6&pagenumber=3

When looking for financial viability and PATs execution speed/reliability, you need to look at the FCM, and not the Introducing Broker.

That's ofcourse assuming that the FCM mentioned by the IB actually is clearing for them... which I guess was not the case for FutureWise.

Remember, in the Futures industry, you NEVER EVER have to write a check out to the Introducing Broker to fund your account.

#11     Mar 31, 2002
  2. "When looking for financial viability and PATs execution speed/reliability, you need to look at the FCM, and not the Introducing Broker."

Yes that is why I referenced RCG (Elocal ,Apex's FCM) in my question. But as an IB dealing with multiple retail clients one would assume that Craig would be a good source of information.

#12     Mar 31, 2002
  3. Cdntrader, you're right in that Craig should have a better feel for what's going on with other users... but I have to agree with stevet in that Craig would be a little biased.

Since I and some others I know are experiencing the pain, it would be interesting to see what Craig has to say though.

To be fair, we can't blame Craig or Apex or eLocal for the problems. They are victims of RCG's bad decision/planning just like us. I kindda feel bad for them since it's way harder for them to switch FCMs then it is for us to switch IBs.

#13     Apr 1, 2002
  4. stevet

stevet

Navigator

elocal is owned i believe by RCG or RGC ( can never remember which) so you can blame them if you want

are elocal clients having the same problems as the companies associated with Apex ( they have a few different trading names)?

#14     Apr 1, 2002
  5. Has anyone used GNI instead of RCG or REFCO?

#15     Apr 1, 2002
  6. I had a good experience with the stability of JTrader at GNI... But the tech support was about the worst I've ever seen. I had an open position when JTrader went down and their tech support said they couldn't get me out!!! There were also many hidden charges that they didn't disclose to me.

#16     Apr 1, 2002
  7. Trader777- could you please detail what the hidden charges are?? THANKS

#17     Apr 1, 2002
  8. They started charging inactivity charges for anything under 50 trades a month, PATS fees were being billed as $2 r/t instead of the $1 you are charged else where, it seemed that if it wasn't one thing it was another. I had a very unpleasant experience with GNI. Not to mention it took 2 weeks to open my account!!!

#18     Apr 1, 2002
  9. stevet

stevet

trader777

how long ago was this?

#19     Apr 1, 2002
  10. probably about 2 months ago!

#20     Apr 1, 2002