‘Peak Oil’ Is a Myth & Waste of Energy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 25, 2009.

1. This thread is about Peak Oil - not methane - thus I am limiting my abiotic views as they pertain to petroleum.

Most geologists support the biogenic formation of petroleum. I am no geologist, so I will go with the current standard accepted theory.

Richard Heinberg writes an interesting piece on the abiotic/biotic oil debate:
    http://www.energybulletin.net/node/2423

My annoyance is at the Cornucopians that think everything is just great. Gee - I wish they would convince the Pentagon that oil is so plentiful - we no longer would need to spend a nickel in the Middle East.

#11     Aug 25, 2009
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Nice cut and paste job.
    http://peakoil.com/contentid-25.html

The fact remains, 3 planets in our solar system (alone!), evidence hydrocarbons in MASSIVE QUANTITY.

Titan, Saturn, Jupiter.

Those planets are devoid of life, Einstein.

Or are you gonna tell me there "must be" life on those planets, because hydrocarbons are present?!!

Abiotic oil is scientific fact. Heat + pressure + carbon + elements = oil . Proven in the lab and in the feild. Whoopie. Another End of the World groupie.

#12     Aug 25, 2009
  3. But that won't stop them from believing that the Earth has a creamy nougat center of self perpetuating oil. By the way, did you see that gap fill on the crack spread last night!

#13     Aug 25, 2009
  4. Regarding the renewed reserves for drained oil fields. Likely drainage from other horizons have made its way into the reservoir.

btw, I make a db for all undeveloped fields world wide. If you only count undeveloped discovered reserves we've got 3.2-3.5 years worth of oil at today's consumpton levels. This does not exclude any projects for profitability.

Most of the U.S. oil is missing from this stat as no one really knows how much oil the U.S. has left. The way U.S. estimates this is decline curve for producing wells. What about the ones that haven't been drilled?

#14     Aug 25, 2009
  5. Perhaps, but Heat + pressure + oil = gasoline. So then, why are we not sucking premium unleaded out of the ground?

#15     Aug 25, 2009
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Thank you. Seems ET's resident egg-heads can't admit whats staring them in the face.

Yes, hydrocarbons exist on other planets. Imagine that. That's 3 planets from a cursory exploration of perhaps 12, or so. "Rare, fossil fuel"....Yea, okay.

#16     Aug 25, 2009
  7. achilles28

achilles28

We are, Stupid.

#17     Aug 25, 2009
  8. achilles28

achilles28

You Peaker's really drank the kool-aid on this one.

Give Hubbert my best :D

#18     Aug 25, 2009
  9. #19     Aug 25, 2009
  10. achilles28

achilles28

#20     Aug 25, 2009