Apartments in Chicago

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by youngtrader, Jan 12, 2009.

1. trom

trom

I lived in Lakeview (just north of Depaul/Lincoln Park) right after undergrad. There's a ton of stuff to do, but, I agree with posters here that it might be a little pricey.

After Lakeview, I moved to the Ravenswood area, which is a bit north and west. You can get there via the Brown Line. It's a bit older crowd (think early 30s starting a family), but you can get A LOT more for your money in terms of living arrangements - and there are still plenty of young people up there. I'd recommend looking for stuff accessible via the Brown Line on the eastern side of the Western stop. It gets a little sketchy after Western. I know people that live west of Western up there, and it's fine, but if you're coming from the middle of Iowa, you might not care for it. If you live near the Damen/Montrose stops, you can easily get down to the Lakeview/Lincoln Park bars on the Brown Line in about 15 minutes. From the Damen Brown Line, it takes about 35-40 min to get downtown, which is perfect for scanning the WSJ or whatever you want before work.

#31     Jan 15, 2009
  2. You are right...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/neo-chicago

Can't beleive I never see freaks on the street....I only see Trixie in Ugg boots with Burberry Scarves and North Face Jackets while sipping their Starbucks Latte on their Blackberry or Iphone while walking their ugly purse dog on the way to the tanning salon or a mani/pedi.

#32     Jan 15, 2009
  3. LOL, there are none.

You better find yourself a roommate or four.

Why do you have to be downtown? Rent is cheaper in the suburbs. Just take the train.

#33     Jan 15, 2009
  4. He's working the Asian shift. Post midnight transit options are limited.

#34     Jan 15, 2009
  5. yt.....you were an inspiration to all of us young traders here at ET. I really hope you're still choosing to go to school and get a degree. It will be the most fun of your life and you should be able to make your class schedule so you'll be able to trade during the day.

#35     Jan 15, 2009
  6. Thanks for the concern guys. I just moved into an apartment in lincoln park. Nice place and mostly college kids live in the complex. I love lincoln park so far and lots of things going on.

Pabst and ammo, I consider you guys personal friends as we have talked many times before. I appreciate the concern and while college is definintely not a high priority for me I am going to make a huge effort to still enroll in college this fall and work to take night classes or maybe go on the 5 year plan. Right now my work at the prop firm is of the highest importance and I feel that it is more important than anything else I have going on right now. I was definintely blessed to have a nack for trading and I don't want to let that talent to go waste.

Thanks Again you guys!!!

#36     Jan 17, 2009
  7. rosy2

rosy2

there's a respectable prop firm near presidential towers? ...drw? tmg?

#37     Jan 20, 2009
  8. If you need a hookup for beer let me know. All I ask for in exchange is a hookup with a cute DePaul hottie

#38     Jan 21, 2009

9. haha thanks man ill see what i can do!

#39     Jan 22, 2009
  10. i went to park community church while in chicago
    met at:
    Francis Parker School
    2233 N Clark
    Sunday service at 10 AM

they now have beautiful new facility...

check it out:

http://www.parkcommunitychurch.org

tons of community opps
    chock full of twentysomethings

later