Apartments in Chicago

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by youngtrader, Jan 12, 2009.

1. ammo

ammo

rents in those depaul campus things are sky high but they are brand new,,you would be better off with an apt off campus,as far as that neighborhood,probably the best in the city,your 6 blocks from the lake ,you can find one within 4 blocks of that el for a better price,if you do look for apts,get one within walking distance of the el

#21     Jan 14, 2009
  2. Hey B, I just saw your thread.

You need a budget and then work in reverse. You're too young to move to Chicago and live alone. You need some support system in place. The De Paul thing sounds good. Consider enrolling there-just to have an ID and legal standing in the community. You should at least attempt taking a limited course load too.

#22     Jan 14, 2009
  3. If I were living with De Paul students, illegally drinking with De Paul students-often on De Paul property to boot-I'd sure as hell want a legally recognized reason for hanging out on the De Paul campus.

Plus there's activities restricted to De Paul students. Parties, access to their library, gym etc.

#23     Jan 14, 2009
  4. I am not a student and I use their library on occasion. You can just walk in and sit down. I also am a member of their gym as it is open to the public - great eye candy there I might add! Just $65/month for the public vs $105+ for every other gym in the area. Their gym always is clean and gets new equipment since it is subsidized by the school and not reliant on having to get new members all the time and exist on membership revenue alone. Also, I get older but the girls stay the same age. I am 27 now so don't go calling me a sick old man!

I have attended parties back when I was fresh out of undergrad (not recently, but I have). I would be out of place now. Even going to McGee's I feel way too old. Most parties, if not all, are held in apartments that are not on DePaul property. Sure there are some parties in Sanctuary but I doubt you'd run into any issues.

DePaul is an open campus and no one is going to stop or harass you for being on campus for any reason.

I'm not trying to argue, just not understanding the point of why he needs to be affiliated with anything to be a Chicagoan?

#24     Jan 14, 2009
  5. I think Pabst is subtly suggesting that youngtrader should enrol in college, at least part-time - while he's still young...

#25     Jan 14, 2009
  6. ammo

ammo

he mentioned this summer that he would be going to depaul

#26     Jan 14, 2009
  7. Actually you hit it right on the head.....:)

#27     Jan 14, 2009
  8. ammo

ammo

he came out and enroled already,at least he came out this summer with his folks and intended to enrol

#28     Jan 14, 2009
  9. LVMises

LVMises

Neo is still there, in the alley next to Ritz. You can see the freaks going in and out all the time.

#29     Jan 14, 2009
  10. Mercor

Mercor

One advantage being a DePaul student, while on or near campus you have access to the jurisdiction of DePaul student legal system for most offenses.

Many offenses will be dealt with within the school legal system. In fact the Chicago police will turn students over to campus patrol for the school to deal with them.
    Sounds like a good deal.

#30     Jan 15, 2009