APA Zones

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by DoubleTop, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Hey Everyone well after 6 months of development I have finally created an automated dynamic price zone indicator. It basically identifies Support/Resistance Zones. Most people that trade this system call them supply and demand zones. I'm going to start into automation cycle soon but I thought I would share some of the basic system screenshots. It's on NinjaTrader right now, but soon it will be on Tradestation too. I'm thinking that I would like to make it as popular as like an RSI indicator. That would be cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so this system projects all these zones on the right side of the chart and 5 bars infront of price.
    I've come up with bounce count colors. The idea being the more time price bounces off a zone the weaker it is.
    Zone colors are as follows:
    new zone = aqua
    1st bounce = blue
    2nd bounce = yellow
    3rd bounce = purple
    dead zones that price as already gone through = grey * support become resistance/ visa versa
    Here's a chart that shows that
    [​IMG]

2. I use this system on 6 different timeframes. By doing this I get a very accurate idea of what's the story behind the charts. I am also able to run around with very tight stops on any market. I personally really like the crude oil market which moves extremely fast.
    This methodology is discussed more so on the website.

Here's an interesting chart. After 3 bounces, a zone will turn to gray, and yet now if the system calculates a zone inside or touching that area it will draw that zone. Here's a real life example of it.
    Maybe someone could make some money using this chart today or tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Happy Trading,

3. If you want to see more or want details about the methodology I've posted it all on the website. Just Google APA Zones. I would love to see if anyone else on here looks at the markets like this.

4. Here's what my charts look like on a day-to-day trading basis. I'm looking for the confluence of these zones. Then, once 3 out of 5 of the charts line up with zones in the same area, I use the secret chart (fuzzy one) to get into the market.

[​IMG]

5. It's really good at finding support and resistance levels in real time and remembering those levels even if they are years old. If you guys want to check it out there's a free trial for ninjatrader you can check out the website apazones.
    Happy Trading,