APA is about to pop

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by istock, Dec 6, 2006.

1. istock

istock

The uptick 6 days ago carries a huge volume. It is very probable that the bulls will win the battle.

[​IMG]

2. How many shares you got in anticipation of this move? 1k, 5k, 10k...more?

3. istock

istock

I haven't bought it yet. I just spot the stock from my scans. I am planning on entering at $71 within the next 5 days if it gets there.

4. What up Istock? What's with this Steve character? Yea I got 10,000 shares of a $70 stock! For sure. APA always a takeout target I'll sniff around. You owe me a chart on Eagle Materials EXP. Peace.

5. Not everyone is a piker, some people take their 100 shares (or even an oddlot) and ride it out, others take much bigger shots. I dont know this guy, he is new to the site. For all I know he could be a big trader....hence why I asked 1K, 5K 10k or more.

6. In a sense everyone is a piker in this game. I've seen the brightest minds blow up as much as the next guy.
    Size of the lot is relative to the magnitude of the stock's move- each trader will be rewarded in a way they can understand.

Theres nothing wrong with owning a hundred shares but I would suggest 300 as a great amount. I've made super $ just having 300 shares of a great mid price stock- 250 good too you can always angle for one due a stock split. Then you have 500. Find a great stock and commit. If you need the stock DAKTRONICS & WFR would be two look at.

Also remember to always look at the total cost. Each position should be roughly equal so you would have to go up considerably in share count for lower priced stocks.

Personally, I don't really want to be next to the guy that puts $700,000 dollars down on a trade for Apache that's ridiculous. But to each his own. I don't consider high finance types and the corporate criminals as part of the real world anyway.