AP: Tea Party Has Unmoored GOP from Big Business

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Oct 3, 2013.

1. LOL. I made this exact same point in another thread last night. Is the AP listening to me now? They could do worse.

It is beyond ironic that the most leftwing, radical , marxist regime in the history of the country is now in bed with big bizness. Of course, big bizness is not so much into darwinian competition any more as it is in government handouts, using government to hamper competition and cosy crony capitalism that works for everyone except the taxpayers. Say, has anyone seen Jon Corzine?

The CEO's need to remember an old adage: when you sup with the devil, use a long spoon.

#11     Oct 3, 2013
  2. On colbert last night (which i rarely watch) i heard tingles say that "at the end of his term, Reagan will still be a better President than obama." ouch. Now i didn't watch the whole segment so i'm not sure this is in context.. i know they were talking about the cold war and contrasting it to syria, so maybe it was in the context of defense. still it was funny coming from tingles, the crowd was totally silent lol.

#12     Oct 3, 2013
  3. On the one hand, I'd like to say, "let's hope".

On the other... if someone like Allen West were to run...

"Character counts".... West appears to have a ton of it... Odumbo has NONE, as we all now know.

:mad:

#13     Oct 3, 2013
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Very well said! It takes tremendous leadership skill to bring opposing forces together and move them both in a constructive direction.

#14     Oct 3, 2013
  5. jem

jem

Historically

Democrats have been tied to banks and wall street.

For instance the Clinton administration was dominated by Goldman and of course Rubin's guys.

Historically Republicans have been more tied to manufacturers and oil.

I once read a thread on currencies here on et where someone posted to a nice article explaining the strong dollar weak dollar cycle. Bankers favor strong exporters weak. Dems dominated by bankers therefore strong... etc.

Bigger Govt means better for the cronies.
    Bigger Govt sustains itself by turning govt workers into democrat union members.

So if you are the in group of cronies you use the govt to strengthen your control and regulate away your competition.

Hence the rise of too big govt and too little freedom and too big to fail.

As thinking people its not that america has turned so stupid its that the other side has a massive plan and the brains and the strenghth and the money to execute it. The other problem is that they have at least half of our politicians too and drones.

Remember wall street supports Carbon exchanges and cap and trade.

#15     Oct 3, 2013
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Sometimes it is difficult following your written thoughts, Jem.

#16     Oct 3, 2013
  7. jem

jem

I know. my first draft is like and outline strung together.
    I should not be turning in my outline.

I will sum it up.

Wall street runs the dems.
    The have for a long time.
    They support big govt.
    They have no problem with cap and trade and carbon exchanges.
    (wall street also has some republicans
    In the past there was tension between export manufactures and oil men vs finance men. those lines have blurred.)

Bankers like a strong dollar.
    Exporters weak.

The majority of americans who believe in the american dream are playing against a very sophisticated group who like to be in control and work to pull up the ladder.

The IRS and big taxes are part of that plan.
    They steal our production through taxes so that we can't accumulate and compete.
    But, I do not really have a problem with the competition if we could just get the money out of politics.

#17     Oct 3, 2013