AP poll: 4 years on, race relations have not improved but worsened.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Associated Press – Sat, Oct 27, 2012

WASHINGTON (AP) — Racial attitudes have not improved in the four years since the United States elected its first black president, an Associated Press poll finds, as a slight majority of Americans now express prejudice toward blacks whether they recognize those feelings or not.

Racial prejudice has increased slightly since 2008 whether those feelings were measured using questions that explicitly asked respondents about racist attitudes, or through an experimental test that measured implicit views toward race without asking questions about that topic directly.

In all, 51 percent of Americans now express explicit anti-black attitudes, compared with 48 percent in a similar 2008 survey. When measured by an implicit racial attitudes test, the number of Americans with anti-black sentiments jumped to 56 percent, up from 49 percent during the last presidential election. In both tests, the share of Americans expressing pro-black attitudes fell.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-poll-majority-harbor-prejudice-against-blacks-073551680--election.html

2. as a slight majority of Americans now express prejudice toward blacks whether they recognize those feelings or not.

-------------------------------

I suppose we all should constanly be in touch with our inner feeling. Fuck that.

"Oh I'm sorry"

"I didn't recognize I dissed you."

I flunked psycho analysis 101, can you forgive me, my best friend is black He's my dog.

Who has time for all this crapola?

3. Obama and Holder are the two biggest racists.

They have set race relations back 30 years.

4. They don't say it outright, but they are intentionally widening the space between blacks and whites.

5. pspr

pspr

This was some sort of online poll that critics have shot down as not being representative. I wouldn't put too much faith in what this poll has to say.

6. This is not surprising. In fact, it was predictable.

===============================

The downside of diversity: What happens when a liberal scholar unearths an inconvenient truth?

IT HAS BECOME increasingly popular to speak of racial and ethnic diversity as a civic strength. From multicultural festivals to pronouncements from political leaders, the message is the same: our differences make us stronger.

But a massive new study, based on detailed interviews of nearly 30,000 people across America, has concluded just the opposite. Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam -- famous for "Bowling Alone," his 2000 book on declining civic engagement -- has found that the greater the diversity in a community, the fewer people vote and the less they volunteer, the less they give to charity and work on community projects. In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings. The study, the largest ever on civic engagement in America, found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings.

"The extent of the effect is shocking," says Scott Page, a University of Michigan political scientist.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/?page=full

7. Wow I am surprised that only 51% expressed negative attitudes. I was so sure that it was higher than that. Considering the history of the US, that is actually a good thing in my opinion.

8. +

Black people have been emboldened and encouraged to act more like Africans, less like Americans.

The LORD has brought this upon us as punishment for turning away from his simple ways, which guarantee our sustainability. We have been overrun by aliens, just like ancient Israel, less than two generations after inheriting their promised land, for the exact same reason

9. maxpi

maxpi

go figure...