AP Newsbreak: Obama looks at climate engineering

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Apr 8, 2009.

1. His entire world view is warped. We are in Global Cooling not warming and this fool wants to experiment with something he has no clue about.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The president's new science adviser said Wednesday that global warming is so dire, the Obama administration is discussing radical technologies to cool Earth's air.
    John Holdren told The Associated Press in his first interview since being confirmed last month that the idea of geoengineering the climate is being discussed. One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D97ECHLG1&show_article=1

2. It's still in the 30's where I live.

Yeah, it's sure getting hott in herre!

3. Imagine the outcry from the tree huggers if a Republican wanted to play God with the Atmosphere.

4. We should all just leave our refrigerator door open one day a year. (On a side note, In nyc I think they wrote a law not to have a door open with a/c running in summer, maybe they'll repeal this law with my new idea.)

5. Eight

Eight

Democrats and everybody to the left live in a political power hungry and math free zone... Climate change is a political power venue so they will persist like little kids that get told "no" in the candy store.... They don't seem to understand history much either, like "Marxism hasn't worked anywhere, at any time" ... but outside of that they are intelligent and you have to respect their opinions, otherwise you are violating their free speech :D

6. wjk

wjk

7. auspiv

auspiv

despite the fact that i think global warming is indeed happening, we should not be fucking with the atmosphere for a plan to reduce solar input.

climate engineering - the phrase scares the hell out of me even though i'm studying to be a petroleum engineer.

8. These people have officially lost their god damn minds. They want to play some stupid ass game like they're considering in California with car colors...fine. Messing with the atmosphere with experimental crap like this is dangerous, very dangerous. Their little experiment goes south and it could kill us all.