AP: For young, recession offers deals of a lifetime

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by short&naked, Oct 5, 2009.

1. It's called open your eyes and learn who runs the govt.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vlZ6TPMN4SU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vlZ6TPMN4SU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Way too much corporate influence in govt. We've become a corporate fascist society.

#11     Oct 6, 2009
  2. Baby boomers are the most useless and pathetic generation in US History.
    America peaked in the 50's

#12     Oct 6, 2009
  3. Lethn

Lethn

Pretty much +2

Corporations and companies particularly in my area are refusing to hire anymore, things are just simply in a stand still so I have a hard time getting a job so I'm focusing on practicing my only skill in 3D modelling so that I can actually get a job in some place that produces. You just learn how frail and weak our economy REALLY is when the only people surviving are the select few who actually produce something in the country as opposed to just doing paperwork or selling off goods they've bought from other producers.

The games industry is where I plan to go, there are 20+ odd games companies in the UK but people are kidding themselves if they think it's recession proof. It's just like any other industry but the reason it's actually doing okay in this recession is because it actually produces something. You can easily tell who is producing viable products as well by which companies are failing for instance publisher companies like EA and the like are losing thousands because they aren't really doing anything but the independent companies who actually go out and make games and sell them off are profiting.

#13     Oct 6, 2009
  4. and, the young are voting in their own demise. that is what is so pathetic. "young, dumb and naive".

#14     Oct 6, 2009
  5. deflation can be a good even desirable thing if you have no debt.

#15     Oct 6, 2009
  6. S2007S

S2007S

I find it funny how everyone believes this credit crisis is over, a decade from now when you can by the s&p under 1000 and unemployment is averaging 8-10% they will realize the lost decade, for now the fools will believe what they want, they will realize 10 years from now what is happening today.

#16     Oct 6, 2009
  7. +1

Am in the same boat and feel the exact same way.

#17     Oct 6, 2009
  8. The boomers refused to sacrifice and ever take losses. not all of them, but a lot. some of it can be blamed on the idiot economics profession who dont have a clue about anything.

At some point the markets are going to realize we cant just conjure huge growth everytime we need a bailout. Only the idiot fed chairman and larry summers seem to believe it. its like believing in the tooth fairy.

The market seems just as risky at the top in 2007.

#18     Oct 6, 2009
  9. Nah, how it turns out is that they're all a bunch of crooks.

I feel one of the ways to avoid these issues is to get rid of bi-partisan politics completely.

#19     Oct 6, 2009