AOL letting go 20% of workforce, Time to give up guys!! Enough already!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Mar 10, 2011.

1. haha!!! Oh man, brings back memories. Netscape anyone? Yeah, didn't think so. :p

#11     Mar 10, 2011
  2. I live near AOL headquarters in Ashburn, VA.......literally 2 miles away. This building always seems empty and has no traffic. hard to believe these guys actually do anything there. it's a ponzi scheme!!!

#12     Mar 10, 2011
  3. I still see those CDs floating around. When the apocalypse happens, those stupid discs will be the only things that survive.

#13     Mar 10, 2011
  4. I remember playing this text game gemstone on aol not realizing they charged $12/hour and my parents got a $1000+ monthly bill, they were ready to sell my 386 as a punishment, but i sold all the virtual items/money i made in the game and got a $1000+ check in the mail(there were no paypal back then). My parents almost had a heartattack when I handed them the check, they were sure fbi was going to knockdown the door any minute lol. Took me a week to explain and convince them to cash the check, was lucky the buyer wasnt a scammer and actually sent me a legit check. Think i was around 10 back then

Those were the days...

#14     Mar 10, 2011