Anything similar to Reuters?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by fvcarlos, Sep 1, 2003.

1. fvcarlos

fvcarlos

jeff, ive heard the same about kuli.

also, to my knowledge todd geyer is working with one of the head traders at crowell weedon.

What's OES?

talk to u later.

carlos

#21     Sep 19, 2003
  2. and it is just as expensive if you get it all added on. Bridge starts at about $275. I know it has a 10 day average daily volume. It is accessible via the internet or T-1.

BTW Carlos, reuters is $1700 a month and requires a $1700 a month T-1 line as well (Radianz). I don't know where the hell you got that $475 number????

#22     Sep 24, 2003
  3. since we are on the discussion of trading software, i thought i might add my 2 cents to this topic. i've been using e-signal for 4 months now and although there are some features on there i do like such as the stock filters (i don't like the fact it's on a webpage though), i do have a bunch of issues with it. this includes: can't overlay futures on chart, can't get whole intra day chart, it only allows you to see 3 hours at a time unless you click on a button to refresh which is a pain, no line on intraday chart that corresponds to the net change, the symbol and last price don't correspond to the same color as the net change of the stock. this may seem trivial to some but for exprienced traders, this is very important aspect. overall, i would rate e-signal 3 stars out of 5. it has many features available to the trader but within those features, you aren't able to customize it to your liking.

anyone else share my opinion about e-signal? any tips that would be helpful in maximizing its features?

#23     Oct 2, 2003
  4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi Icntblvitntbutr,

It doesn't appear that you've tried working with time templates or using some of the Symbol Overlay EFS scripts we've written. Here's a few resources that might help you learn how to get more out of eSignal:

eSignal University with Audio/Video Training
    . Also, check the schedule of events towards the bottom. We hold a live eSignal Web-based training class every Thursday.
    eSignal FAQ's check out the specific questions on overlays and time templates.
    eSignal Central Bulletin Boards where other eSignal users can help with tips and hints
    Learn about eSignal 7.5 beta - we're adding a new symbol overlay tool in our next release.

For the last two links, you'll need to register for the Forums in order to see these sections.

Hope some or all of this helps.

Thanks.

#24     Oct 3, 2003
  5. FV you said you were looking for something inexpensive - have you checked out Quotetraker? www.quotetraker.com Their intraday and multiday charts are very versatile and you can't beat the price.

#25     Oct 3, 2003