Anything else besides Esignal?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by michael21, Nov 3, 2011.

1. I'm currently using Esignal but I see a lot of people don't like it...I'm not exactly sure what ninja trader is...

Any suggestions?

2. Yes, I have a suggestion for you before it is too late for you. Just use a reliable EOD data service, often IBD newspaper will do it for some people.

Do callculations by hand if possible for your market and look at free daily charts in the web. Use an EOD charting tool for more complicated things and backtests.

If you cannot make tons of money doing this, looking at intraday charts will do no good to you, actually you will lose all your money one day. Look at my thread Trading Math -1 for the certainty of risk of ruin.

Of course, there are some experts out there with math algos that make money tradign intraday but those are geniouses with a 180 IQ and good education, 1 out of 100,000 traders maybe.

Forget about toys like eSignal and other seductive tools for users unless you are 1 out of 100,000.

3. Lornz

Lornz

IQ of 180 is >1/1,000,000

I only have an IQ of ~145 (SD15), but I somehow managed to do it.

Maybe you should revise your number to 1/1000.

Assuming the IQ of traders also is normally distributed, of course.

4. Depends on the scale and normalization. I think you are at about 190 on my scale:)

5. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

NinjaTrader, LLC is a well established leading developer of high-performance trading software for the active trader. Our flagship product "NinjaTrader" is a FREE application for advanced charting, market analytics, trading system development and trade simulation. Discretionary, end of day and automated systems traders can trade stocks, futures and forex through hundreds of supported brokerages worldwide.

6. Lornz

Lornz

Aw, you made me blush... :D

7. larssan

larssan

Try IQfeed for data