Anything Can Happen

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by wareco, Sep 13, 2005.

1. :D Spot on! :)

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57839&perpage=6&pagenumber=5

#11     Nov 1, 2005
  2. Thanks for the "talk". :confused:

You must be Deadly serious. :D

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=37327

Q
    Profile For Charlie Dow

Biography Dead for a long time . . . came back to talk some sense into some idiot traders.
    UQ

#12     Nov 1, 2005
  3. VictorS

VictorS

fortunately, I follow much of what you are saying. however, how could you determine 1203 (your last note on the chart) was a bottom. I know you usually look for price breaching or confirming continuation, however, I dont see that on the chart. did you look at another timeframe? it only trended and reversed. I am not knocking what you are saying just trying to understand a little clearer. 1203 would have been a tough reversal for me to catch.

#13     Nov 1, 2005
  4. Victor, it says "bottom being created" it doesn't say "bottom completed". The bottom is still being completed as we speak. One must read the simple osillations in between the extreme Oscillations (High Tide & Low Tide) as trade execution points or trade exit points.

The bottom at 1203.00 was an exit point. I'm now readiing price for a conservative long entry. That conservative long "read" will be the completion of that bottom.

#14     Nov 1, 2005
  5. We agree that manipulation of data is wrong but yet you ridicule me not knowing what I do, how I trade or what is the fundimental basis of my technical analysis. I refuse to argue or fuel discussion with someone that bases his attacks on unfounded accusations.

Good luck to you and your trading Odd. May you wake up one morning with a smile on your face and an open mind.

#15     Nov 1, 2005
  6. Same to you. :)

#16     Nov 1, 2005
  7. Charlie Dow

On your chart what conditions are you using to paint your bars (red to blue) & (blue to red) and what indicator are we seeing at the bottom of your chart.

Thanks

#17     Nov 1, 2005
  8. duard

duard

Charlie Dow,

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with your post-dated analysis but the reasons you post are illusive.

Was your analysis simply price action higher highs and lower lows or did you throw volume analysis and/or detrended price analysis in the hopper?

#18     Nov 1, 2005
  9. Uh... I am fully confident that I am not the master of "my domain" (spx options) ie the stock market. As the thread starter wisely stated, "anything can happen".

You are correct. I am in no position to evaluate your methods of analyzing price action. All I know is that unless you can readily corner your market, the wisdom in this thread applies to you too.

Best of luck

#19     Nov 2, 2005
  10. VictorS

VictorS

1206.5 long area?1202 short area?

#20     Nov 2, 2005