Anything better than TT?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Whizo, Mar 2, 2007.

1. a good option that i trade on is transact futures AT platform. a scalpers platform, solid & fast.. with great features. they say its faster than tt.

#51     Jul 29, 2007
  2. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

I use cocaine.

No, I'm not sharing any of it.

:D

(only kidding).

#52     Jul 30, 2007
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

You still did not answer my original question. If you find tt unreliable, what did you find to work so much better?

#53     Jul 30, 2007
  4. its called the phone.. pick it up and call your broker.

j/k

:)

#54     Jul 30, 2007
  5. nitro

nitro

1) Get Dark Fiber to the exchange(s) of interest.
    2) Have programmer write an execution software on top of that connection.
    3) Go to heaven.

nitro

#55     Jul 30, 2007
  6. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Currently we are using a platform provided by our clearer UBS. I think it's called SwissKey. I've used Barcap, J-Trader and trialed Pro-Mark. Barcap is awful, but TT is a close 2nd IMO.

I would have liked to use Pro Mark, but we changed clearers and UBS only provide SwissKey.

#56     Jul 31, 2007
  7. stardust, Its not too dissimilar to TT £50 maybe £100 less but you need to shop around.

Im now setting up direct with GNI as I found so many other firms wanting, not supplying me with timely info, not empowered to answer ALL my immediate questions... I was astonished also by the lack of call back requests honored amongst the prop shops offering connectivity.. ah well would rather stick my money with the worlds largest clearer of Futures than a fly by night.. even if GNI have not switched on access to SFE.

TT made a fundamental mistake offering thier TTSIM without X_Study.. Very few people trade without a graph so who are they kidding?.. Also GNI not yet adopted latest version of TT due to buggy issues. PRo mark is stable and adequate... Ive become used to the quirks in thier Reflector now (which Im sure they had to change under Patent pressure from TTs' static dome... .. TT soon to patent my face... so soon Ill be looking for a new one... no what I mean?...!!..
    :confused: ))

#57     Aug 2, 2007
  8. Is it possible to pay a few cents more per trade with Promark, the same way Ninjatrader offers the SuperDOM paying 10 cents more for a static ladder?

#58     Aug 2, 2007
  9. hmmm.. thats an interesting thought.. Let me investigate... I do know that it is tweekable in the live product so I was told by one of thier techies

(Thier ladder can shift slightly but the closest prices to the price action automatically pop up right at the spread allowing you to fine tune your selection..hope that makes sense

#59     Aug 2, 2007
  10. Ok, let us know about your investigations with Pats about a 'static' Reflector.

#60     Aug 2, 2007