Anything better than TT?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Whizo, Mar 2, 2007.

1. I'm not retail and don't use TT. I haven't used a retail broker for over 4 years... last time I was trading US. futures, I was trading directly with a clearing firm. My mini-office was in the CME building. That said:

If you're trading futures, I recogn. that TT is fast. It's hard to beat their low latency. Understanding how their platform is setup, it's hard to imagine high latency unless you have a slow ISP to start off with. Despite the reputation of TT in the industry (aggressive), it still stands as one of the best trading solutions around.

Though... if you have some IT background and other resources, you can talk to other firms to find a custom solution with equal (better) quality.

Chicago firms (not full time retail brokers...) are very flexible with business solutions... especially if you are worth dealing with for them.

#41     Jul 25, 2007
  2. TGM

TGM

I know many European firms who offer Ecco. It does not seem like Ecco has the exposure it should in the states.

#42     Jul 25, 2007
  3. Ok, but --do they offer a transactional billing model (per trade basis platform fees)

#43     Jul 25, 2007
  4. Hot keys may be customized starting in X_TRADER® 7.4.3.
    http://forums.tradingtechnologies.com/showthread.php?p=779#post779

#44     Jul 25, 2007
  5. TGM

TGM

not that i know of.....sorry maybe call or email Ecco on that and report back

#45     Jul 25, 2007
  6. I contracted them, here is the reply:

>> No, I’m afraid we don’t – Ecco bills per user, per month only at the moment. >>

#46     Jul 25, 2007
  7. Hi Guys..

Just been trialing the software for both X_trader and Pro-Mark

Have to say so far disappointed with X_Trader because the demo does not come wih graphing tool X_Study (what a joke) this may be skewing my bias towards a more freindlier feeling and for me INSPIRING environment to trade.

I agree with spreadmonkey though re the graphs. could be better but is still adequate but the rest of the platform is sound, they had to make changes to thier Reflector (price ladder) under pressure from TT but its workable and im told thier are configs avail that arnt present in demo. Also slight lag in fills is demo way of simulating real trading. .

I heard also Xtrader platform shows instant working orders before the signals reach the exchanges (naughty) this adds to the instantaneous feel of X_Trader but it doesnt mean its necessarily faster than say ProMark who wait untill they get exchange connect conf b4 sending info to your screen that the order is a working one (interesting)

I dont like the way X_Trader (a 32bit application which therefore will not utilise best your x64bit windows XP OS and dual Xeons/opterons platform)) forces you to change colour depth and screen resolution.. I like my 1600x1200 thank you so dont play with my set up. My experience with X_trader is not good.. and it just looks clunky and washed out simply unintuitive to me as a former Hardware and software Sales guy too..

However Pats Promark (roughly the same cost from GNI) is written in JAVA which means its speed is closely linked to the overall performance of the system and isnt ties to 32 or 64 bit configs. As such Im hearing that use of the platform in worksation environments e.g. dual cores like Xeon and Opteron based systems thus using 64 bit OS like Win XP X64 is absolutely blinding as the high speeds carry through to the running of JAVE... nice..

Thats sounds like a slam dunk to me, for ProMark technology, and I found the staff more professional. Theres also an additional tool called IQ-Trader and this little nugget is for more intense automation of strategies by using technicals that you can also build yourself hence allowing for automated forms of trading... apparently...

Summary:
    Pro-Mark scales speed and performance better with increasing system speed, its reflector could be better but the tweaks i need are apparently possible in real product. Xtrader requires 16bit colour setting and lower screen resolution, they wont as yet provide X_Study for eval and its fidly and clunky to use IMO, Im not inspired to trade viwing the 32bit app on screen multiples and it would seem underneath there are speed enhancement tricks that dont necessarily mean the order is as yet working just because you see that tag next to the price ladder at your bid or ask...

just my 2cents

PS. I used Pats Pro-Mark for 3 hrs today on SFE futures SPI 200 product and made 100 points in 3 hrs scalping it.. yesterday I made 60 points in one hour.. using 2 contracts max.. I hope thats a good sign.. thats good isnt it? let me know if Im missing something with my this
    Cheers dudes..
    Paul

#47     Jul 26, 2007
  8. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Thats why we dont use TT where I work!

#48     Jul 29, 2007
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Can you please share what you use then.

#49     Jul 29, 2007
  10. what's cost for promark?