Anything better than TT?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Whizo, Mar 2, 2007.

1. tallpaw

tallpaw

Hey RedDuke: Do you think NinjaTrader (NT) with a Trading Technology (TT) feed is as fast as your zen-fire feed? I am considering signing up with NT but am wondering if it can handle 50 - 100 ES contracts per trade? X-trader, I know can handle this volume but is it the platform or the data feed provider that handles the volume. If I can get NT with a TT feed, wouldn't that be the same as X-Trader with a TT feed. With NT, you can setup different strategies without having to pay the $ 1250/ month for X-Trader pro ? Any thoughts ? Thanx !!

#31     Mar 21, 2007
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

X-trader and TT are developed by the same company, and in my exprience they work just a fraction (miliseconds) faster that Ninja on TT feed. I have not used zen-fire myself, but people who did say that it is a bit faster then TT.

As far as volume, 50-100 contract no problem on either.

Just keep in mind that the broker who hosts these things is very important. If it is not set up correctly, neither would help in speed.

Regards,
    redduke

#32     Mar 21, 2007
  3. bighog

bighog Guest

#33     Mar 21, 2007
  4. From my extensive research in this area heres the final results or the best platforms by category:

Spreads- Eccoware Vs X_Trader

Futures scalping - Pats systems PRomark Vs JTRADER Vs X_Trader

Stocks too many to mention, but Thinkorswim for platform beauty, IB (with button trader) for generic stocks and wide range of access to various markets but ask yourself do ou really need such a broad range of markets?

Options: ThinkorSwim (hands down for me the best platform in the world..if only they produced a scalping tool and had access to more exchanges)

Automation and charts Tradestation (limited markets bad cust service)

Charts DTN/IQ (forget e-signals ridiculous prices)

#34     Jul 14, 2007
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

try openecry with their own OEC API

#35     Jul 14, 2007
  6. EccoPro. Sorry if it's been mentioned previously. Very fast.

#36     Jul 14, 2007
  7. jtnet

jtnet

what is static dome mean ? meaning price will stay in middle and not move off screen and the price levels adjust?

#37     Jul 14, 2007
  8. I've been using Patsystems Promark for 6 months now and having used Eccoware and TT I found this software more to my liking.
    Eccoware is a good platform but most clearers stay away from it for some reason, TT is not for me it has an over rated reputation based on what? support is nigh on non-existent and the spreader is a joke.
    I moved to GNI Touch and started to use the Promark from Patsystems and I haven't looked back it's very realible and it's Prism(auto-spreader) is very well designed allowing all sorts of protection.
    I've just started to use their charts and although I'm quite happy with it, I'm still a bit unsure......it's good for me Momentum, on balance volume, moving average crossovers,Fib's and trendlines, etc but to the real hardcore chartists it may not be what you wish for. It has great hot key functionality and most areas are configurable not to mention the exchange connectivity.

I suggest you try it most companies offer free trials of software including Ecco,CQG, etc. You just have to remember there are good suppliers of trading software other than TT(never stay married to a software)

Spread_Monkey

#38     Jul 25, 2007
  9. wucah

wucah

If this is your only gripe with TT this is easy to fix with a either free software or inxepsnive hardware. The software solution is to run a macro on top of the software which will reasign the keys for you the other is to get a customizable keyboard which will let you customize the keyboard, and there are some fancy keyboard out there to do this well.

TP

#39     Jul 25, 2007
  10. Is there any broker that offers Ecco paying 'per trade basis' as it happens with Velocity Futures on TT?

#40     Jul 25, 2007