Anything better than RealTick?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SilverDelta, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I went through the PointDirex demo. Frankly, I didn't see one thing revolutionary about any aspect of it, order entry included. It's a fixed-page, java-based product with very few configurable options. In fact, it seems to be extremely similar to tradescape's low-end product.

I've never used Sonic's platform so I can't really comment on it. In a recent research report on the 13 primary direct-access technology providers, Sonic was last in terms of the number of traders they have so they must be a pretty small outfit.

#11     Oct 19, 2001
  2. Should have mentioned that the the platform currently on the web (Point Direx) is their "level 1" product and yes it is comparable to Tradescapes low end product. I looked at their site and the higher end platform is not demo'd or otherwise referenced at this point, though I know for a fact it is eminent.

#12     Oct 19, 2001
  3. "In a recent research report on the 13 primary direct-access technology providers, Sonic was last in terms of the number of traders they have so they must be a pretty small outfit."

Yeah but did you see the average number of daily trades and the % of Nasdaq volume they do?! Pretty amazing considering its a small group of traders. I taught an intro class to some of their new proprietary traders and traded live capital on their T2 platform. It was absolutely amazing to me the difference in feel of executions compared to my "standard" DAT platform.

By the way, how do posters do that cool trick of copying someone elses comment in another post for reference and using the bold/italics effects? I still have not figured that out.

#13     Oct 19, 2001
  4. #14     Oct 19, 2001
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Click on the word quote at the lower right hand corner of the message you are replying to. There will be a standard reply form, but with the message you want to quote already in it. The message itself will be surround by certain "tags", or words with brackets around them. If you only want to quote part of the message as I did above, just delete whatever parts you don't want to quote. But be sure you don't delete any of tags.

Once you've done that, you can simply type your message below the quoted portion of the reply box. Hit the "Preview Reply" button to check your post for accuracy (recommended), or simply click on "Submit Reply" to send it.

#15     Oct 21, 2001
  6. Now my posts can be cool like everyone elses.:)

#16     Oct 21, 2001
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

DATTrader,

Now my posts can be cool like everyone elses.

Wellllllllll, that depends on what you have to say. Regardless, tho, they'll certainly look cool. :)

#17     Oct 21, 2001
  8. It's a given that I'll always have something relevant, useful, important, entertaining, enlightening, knowledgeable, insightful, and/or just downright unique to say. I just needed the fancy stuff to soup it up a bit. :cool:

#18     Oct 21, 2001
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

DATTrader,

It's a given that I'll always have something relevant, useful, important, entertaining, enlightening, knowledgeable, insightful, and/or just downright unique to say.

You da man. Write on.....

#19     Oct 21, 2001