Anything better than esignal?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Funster, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Funster

Funster

The problem I have with Esignal at the moment is that when the market is real busy my tick chart of the ES emini will sometimes freeze up for seconds at a time. It will then update the chart with all the missed ticks and carry on as normal. This is quite annoying and has now happened too much for my liking.

Is this me/my computer (which is quite fast/1gb memory etc) or is this just par for the course with esignal? If it is an esignal problem has anyone experienced upgrading to another data supplier that does not have these problems?

They also have problems with eurex quotes (delayed up to 3 minutes for me today at times!), although I do understand that they are sourcing a new data supplier.

2. Ditch

Ditch

They have been telling that for six months now already. I think the best data source is IB.

3. trader3

trader3

Hi,
    You don't say what the processor speed is. If it is sufficient, then it probably is your internet connection. The EUREX is not too good on esignal, but the equities and e-minis are almost always up to the second.

4. Funster

Funster

trader3,

PentiumIII 800, Running w2k with 4 screens (matrox g200). cable modem at 600, achieving average speeds of 577.

You say "almost". Well this is the same for me. But I guarantee that the "almost" happens every time after key reports etc. Or is that just the emini feed maybe?

Ditch,

Get this,

Now it wouldn't be so bad if the "system status" immediately informed of any emini/eurex problems.

I have just had a conversation with them and I was curious as to how this worked.

Apparently they have to get quite a few complaints first from users before they post anything up there as a problem.

This is despite the fact that they have engineers monitoring their price feed against third party sources all the time. Surely the best thing to do would be for them to post up any problems as soon as it is noticed?

Only problem is that the Eurex feed would always show a problem! :D :D :D

5. Ditch

Ditch

That's right, it's always lagging. I have noticed, that lately their e-mini quotes are lagging 1 or 2 seconds also. Nice job!:confused:

6. cas

cas

Get the 516build on the 7.2 Beta....the high CPU/freezing on fast adv chart moves seems to be fixed. I used to have the same problem. On the beta build, the problem is gone....atleast so far. ES prices almost always match IB. as far as the Eurex..that's a diff issue.

cas

7. I have had the same problem with Nextrend over the last week or so. Data is 2-3 seconds behind IB and the T&S for the emini's is very jumpy. Looks as if it may be a globex problem. Nextrend haven't responded to my emails to let me know where the problem is.
    Seems to be at it's worst from 9:30am - 10:30am.

8. Funster

Funster

is an intraday data supplier with the integrity of the daily supplier CSI. They check their data against 5 different sources before it goes out. When I was position trading it was blissful.

Then they were attentive when they got it wrong. A free pen for spotting an error. And all their staff spoke excellent English (unlike some!).

Surely someone out there can offer this kind of system for a real time feed?

Probably make a good business venture if I can get a team together! Anyone interested!?

:p

9. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

As CAS indicated, the high CPU/Freezing issue appears resolved in the current 7.2 beta version. Customers that were reporting the same freezing during high market times all indicate the beta is working just fine now.

To try the beta, please register here:

http://www.esignal.com/beta_72/default.asp

On the Eurex issue, we are close to completing the project that will have us connected more directly for our Euro Futs. We have a fairly "hard" date of 12/31/02 we're targeting.

http://www.esignalcentral.com/support/faq/esignal/euro/euro_peaktimes.asp

Thanks,