Anyonw Ever Use TC2000??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by c_verm, Jan 19, 2004.

1. You'll get a CD from Worden with the TC2000 program and EOD data to the point the CD was burned. That is free. It is the fully-functional program. You can check it out, run scans, etc. It gives you the opportunity to get a good feel for the program

The EOD data update will run about $30 per month, less if you sign up for a year or two. Just call them and turn it on.

To update, you simply start the program, hit update, and go do something else for 2-10 minutes (depends somewhat on your computer and how many scans you've got setup) then come back and go to work.

Note you can update during the day and run the scans (say during lunch to catch the morning action), but with 15-20 minute delayed data.

TCNet vs. TC2000;
    1) TCNet has real-time data and charting.
    2) It has the forums and chat features.
    3) You can install and run it on two machines.

However, the scans run in the same fashion as TC2000; You need to hit the button and update the data. It is not really a "real-time" scanner.

I believe they have a 30 day money-back policy on TCNet, less the exchange fees which aren't rebated (not much there anyway).

If I were you:

Get the CD and play with TC2000. If your focus is EOD and you like the program stick with it.

If you'd like to trade a bit more actively or like to fine-tune your entries and exits, call Worden and have them "turn-on" your CD for TCNet. Last time I checked both programs are on the CD - you have to enter a code to get TCNet installed. This will likely involve uninstalling TC2000 first. They can let you know.

Good luck.

#31     Jan 20, 2004
  2. c_verm

c_verm

How Long does it take to learn TC2000?? a few days? months? it does com ewith a education cd.

#32     Jan 22, 2004
  3. If you have used charting programs in the past, it will probably only take you a few days to get the hang of it and do simple scans, etc.

There are so many scans written and published out there already, you probably won't even need to write your own - try Google or use the sites listed here for Scans and PCF's.

#33     Jan 22, 2004
  4. I've usually gotten a CD on "How to Select Winning Stocks" or some such with the program. It's a series of screen capture videos, mostly on how to use the software. It's a pretty easy program to learn.

There are tons of "PCF's" (Personal Criteria Formula) which you can use in ( or customize into) your own "EasyScans" at:

http://www.tradeon.com/tradeon/

#34     Jan 22, 2004