Anyonw Ever Use TC2000??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by c_verm, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Didn't mean to offend, sorry.
    I don't personally use TradeStation, I use IB and Amibroker.
    However, for $99.00 per month, I would personally consider the "all inclusive" trading - charting- analysis - backesting capabilities of TradeStation over TCNET. TradeStation is only $99/month with brokerage, and their commision rates are very similar to IB.

Please advise- what am I missing here with TCNET?? What features do you find usefull and exclusive to TCNET?

Enlighten me!

#11     Jan 19, 2004
  2. No offense taken -- and I didn't mean to sound "snippy."

I've not used Tradestation actively but have played around with it some. For someone who follows the KISS principle, it's way too much for me and all of the great features that you mention are worth nothing to someone who trades and analyzes like me. Also, my charts on TCNet look so much more vivid than ones I've seen on Tradestation -- I also like the way I can plot indicators on the charts. Yes -- these may seem like small things but when I can visually see things happening in the market more easily, that's a big bonus. I have prepaid my subscription to TCNet for next 2 years so even though I'm out the money in advance, my monthly rate is now under $60.

In a nutshell, I believe TCNet and TC2000 are more suited for visual traders than system-oriented traders.

There are a variety of other features as you can see at http://www.tcnet.info.

I'm not trying to convince you to switch to TCNet. It's not for everyone -- just as Tradestation isn't either! :)

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

#12     Jan 19, 2004
  3. Can you use TCnet or 2000 for futures or currencies?

#13     Jan 19, 2004
  4. Not with the current release. Don't know if there are any plans to include these.

#14     Jan 19, 2004
  5. TC 2000's marketing cracks me up. take a look at the people in the testimonial ads--- they are right out of the 1950's ! in addition, their ad in in the latest TA stocks and commodity magazine has a testimonial that states, " no more big heavy chart books laying around". LOL !!! i have been trading since 1990 and never ever used a "big heavy chart book". some more crap from the 1970's i guess.

these guys are selling an outdated product to newbies. it's bogus for the price and is nothing but a marketing machine imho.

best,

surfer:)

#15     Jan 19, 2004
  6. Not here to defend TC2000 (i don't use it) BUT...Worden has CLEAN data WITH Fundamentals ALL properly classified in industry groups etc...for 30 bucks/month.

I believe that's the best EOD data package available, and the data is usable in other programs, so if you don't like the software consider the quality EOD data.

And yes I agree, the "free" software is being heavily marketed to newbies through print ads and local seminars.

I must ad that I amost choked when I rec'd the latest promo mailing for TC2000..they included a Worden comment from last summer 2003 saying that the markets were going to hell technically, and they took off like a bat out of hell the next day!
    Marketing glitch???

ROFLMAO!!!!

#16     Jan 19, 2004
  7. Whatever, surfer.

I know quite a few traders doing quite well who use TCNet, as do I. I subscribe to the theory (as you should too) that you don't knock someone else's strategey or software if it works for them.

#17     Jan 19, 2004
  8. Some of them are amazing traders also. You should go through the Worden Reports where different trading ideas are discussed by the old timers. Most of them are swing or long term traders. There are excellent systems you can find in them. I have corresponded with lots of traders on Tcnet and found many very helpful old timers.
    The Tcnet has a chat channel in it where lot of trades get pointed out. I do not use the Tcnet version but the end of day and have built a custom software to import and analyze data from it.
    It is not suitable for hyperactive day traders.

#18     Jan 19, 2004

9. LOL, condor ! i am not questioning the accuracy of TC2000 or if it "works". the marketing is pure snake oil.

surfer

#19     Jan 19, 2004

10. i see the true believers are out in force. how many people lose money following the signals ?? but, you are right--if it works for you--fantastic ! i am certainly not going to question your success with the software.

best,

surfer

#20     Jan 19, 2004