Anyonw Ever Use TC2000??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by c_verm, Jan 19, 2004.

1. c_verm

c_verm

I am thinking of using TC2000 and am wondering what you all think of it? Also what are all of its capabilities??
    Is the Money stream any good?

2. It is a good product with a ton of capabilities. It is a pretty good tool to have for its research capacity also. :)

3. Huzefa

Huzefa

I have used TC2000 for several years now.

It gives you all the essential tools you'll need for basic technical analysis. You won't find a better piece of software in the 'Value For Money' category.

The tools for scanning, flitering and flagging stocks are intuitive and quite user friendly, and in most circumstances will get the job done.

I don't know about Moneystream - I've never tested it.

With regards to TCNet (the real-time version) I suspect e-signal will do a better job for the about the same price. Plus you can look at other markets outside of US stocks on e-signal.

When all is said and done, TC2000 won't make you a $1m by itself, but your skill as a trader may well do.

4. Unfortunately, I've used alot of retail software in my trading, from $20 per month to $200 per month and beyond. I think I've learned more about software than trading (how sad).

TC2000 is a very good, basic package for charting and scanning on EOD data. I still have it in my stable - the others come and go, but TC2000's still there.

In my opinion, TCNet doesn't offer enough to justify it's price, primarily because it cannot scan in real-time. For the money, Esignal is a better, more versatile product.

5. I really like it -- very simple to use and charts are very crisp and easy to interpret. There may be more features with ESignal, etc., but I think it all comes down to a matter of preference and the ease of use of TC2000 / TCNet is an important factor for me. I don't think you can beat it for swing trading and position trading. If you're a scalper, something else might work better.

It should be noted that a new version of TCNET is due to be released in the next few weeks and supposedly will have a number of new features, including the ability to create custom indicators, etc.

6. wdscott

wdscott

c_vern,

I have the software and use it for research and filtering. I also enjoy the daily articles by the worden brothers and member contributors.

What do you intend to use the software for? Investing, swing trading, or something else.

As far as the capabilities, look at this website. I do not think they have any relationship with Worden but are an external community built up to support the TC2000 software. It will give you an idea of just how extensive the software is.

http://www.tradeon.com/tradeon/tc2000/

Regards,
    Dave Scott

7. TC2000 has good data including fundamentals.
    Charts are good.
    Pricing is good at 30 bucks/month.
    You could use TC2000 to screen and then look at the candidates and backtest using Amibroker (custom indicators no problem in Amibroker-totally flexible-better charts) Amibroker can read TC2000 data files.

8. MoneyStream is somewhat similar to OBV. I have found that it does catch some divergences and give some clues that OBV doesn't from time to time. It's not that perfect indicator that you may be searching for but it can be useful from time to time.

9. What features would TCNET have that you wouldn't have (and much more) with TradeStation 7.2 ????????? For the same monthly cost ??????

I might be missing something here but I thing TCNET is waaaaay overpriced.

10. Yes -- you are missing something and you're assuming a lot of things that you shouldn't be assuming. For example, you're assuming that everyone trades like you. Also, keep in mind that the non-brokerage subscription rate for Tradestation is $199.95 per month. Granted, Tradestation may be a more "powerful" too with all of its features, but that doesn't mean it's the best tool for every trader.

#10     Jan 19, 2004