Anyone with this problem?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by billp, Sep 23, 2006.

1. billp

billp

Does anyone have this problem? If so, how did you overcome this. Did you just go to other websites like RTT and MSN for your news? Thanks.

I usually go to Yahoo finance to look at the news in the morning and sometimes throughout the day. Section is 'market overview'. However, recently the past few days, the section is not updated. I keep getting the below news which is old news. See below.

4:20 pm : As expected, the Federal Reserve left interest rates unchanged at 5.25% for a second straight month. However, since another pause was largely priced into the market and the accompanying policy statement brought no surprises, investors refocused on the intraday catalysts -- strong earnings and plummeting oil prices -- to forge a broad-based rally....

Anyone having this problem?

2. I've been having the same problem. I'm suspecting it's due to the recent update to their website where the market data is automatically refreshed. For audio live newsfeed, I recommend newsstrike.com

3. I second that. They are very fast, sometimes so fast I can't understand the guy. I leave it on CNBC as a back up, they usually lag 30-60 seconds. That said, I wouldn't hold any scalps arounds big events. They Philly Fed caught me by surprise last week. It's not even a stared report on econoday?

4. billp

billp

Thanks folks. Appreciated.
    :)