Anyone with good choices for daytrading options

Discussion in 'Options' started by tango29, Feb 10, 2012.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

AMZN and X

#11     Feb 12, 2012
  2. tango29

tango29

Thanks for the input! I am on day 10 of making money on AAPL options. I only type this so I realize I am an idiot and not a genius. It won't last, but for goodness sakes I have to love this stock. It is trading pure for me if that makes sense. I have technical analysis up my charts, but am using mainly feel for price movement. I wish this worked always. This it how I traded with my original threads on ET, and eventually failed...miserably. Now I need to use experience to know when to find the next beauty and walk away from this one.
    THis is what I love about my job. Intuition and experience, and learning make you better.

#12     Feb 16, 2012
  3. tango29

tango29

I will add I get 10 days is not a year or 10. THe idea being that it can be a year or more worth of returns. At this point I have to look at more critically the value of pushing. I have a good return on this account now, and to push furtheer with no thought would be foolish. Part of what I enjoy about this business is working on the adjustments, and continuing to make above average returns. For those who can do it on their $10000 account more power to you. My goal is to make above average on larger accounts. I have the benefit of having learned and through time to grow an account to more than one and my own personal hedge fund(no, not hedge acount numbers, but enough to make a living). It is not easy to get those returns as the account grows, but for me it is worth the time. I am quite the loser at parties when I talk about my work, but who cares.
    I have stupid hobbies I can afford, and support a family too. If it is only work. I don't know why people persue this job. You can get paid to just go to work, but trading for yourself is something you have to enjoy, or you will be broke fast.
    Preaching I know, but it has been one of those days. I had to demonstrate patience to myself to come out ahead.
    If anyone knows of a group to blow off steam pass it on. THis work requires a self dedication that can be annoying when you aren't working from a firm in my experience. A firm at least offers like people at a distance or locally to whine too.
    Peace

#13     Feb 16, 2012
  4. tango29

tango29

Just missed a fill on my current pet. This makes me work harder to find another pet. I went 8 days before I started missing fills. Missed one yesterday too. Feeling works for me, and if I am starting to miss my targets, I have to debate strategy and plan. Adjustment time, or overacting?

#14     Feb 16, 2012
  5. there are tons of good stocks for option day trading.

I am day trading AAPL and MCP today. made almost 50k on those two.

but I need particular patience. for MCP, last two weeks, I was buying PUT, fruitless even it was dropping, last week friday I got some. I reasoned it was hitting support, so I become a buyer. get good hit!

I saw AAPL bunced off 486+, kind of reasoning it may go through 500 again, here it is, so I buy calls.

always there is no certain things. take the courage to bear risk.

I found those looks very risky ones are the most rewardable!

cheer up

#15     Feb 16, 2012