Anyone with experience with Great Point Capital LLC?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rookIll, Jul 10, 2006.

1. rookIll

rookIll

I am a recent college grad looking to enter the trading industry in Chicago as an entry level trader/trainee/assistant/etc.

The position I am interested in with GPC is a entry level securities trader position. They are offering a wage of Draw + Profit Split.

They specialize in NASDAQ electronic trading. Also, no experience is needed and they will sponsor for Series 62 & 55.

It seems like it might be a good opportunity to get my foot in the door of the trading industry.

Does anyone have any experience with them or (maybe more importantly) any suggestions for Chicago firms that I could look into applying for?

Thanks in advance. And if this all sounds basic, go easy on me. First post!

2. rbenedict

rbenedict

I was wondering the exact same thing. I am also a recent grad, and was offered a position with the company. During my interview the place was just full of people who radiated negative vibes, so I eventually turned down the offer. Nothing much has come up since then, so I am strongly considering going back there. Please let me know what your experiences have been like.

Thanks!

3. rookIll

rookIll

Rbenedict, I found this old thread when I googled the firm, and the info in there doesn't exactly shine a good light on GPC.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=64431

I haven't been able to find any compliments about the firm in all the research I've done. The reason I started this new thread was to see if anyone could come up with something good to say. So far, nothing.

4. bump

5. Anyone with any sort of info on this firm???? Google, as well as this site either has information that is extremely negative, or non existent. I also interviewed here, wondering about the whole lack of available information... pretty shady.

6. trom

trom

The office is in the building west of the CBOT. Company was started by two traders in the late 90's. They are (I think) the biggest equities prop house in Chicago with 130-150 traders. There is no capital contribution required from the traders. A series 62 and 55 are required which they supply study materials and sponsor you for. They pay a draw of 2k/month before you become profitable. Trading platform is Anvil. New traders are assigned a senior trader as a mentor and attend classes during the training period. Have hired guys (only from what I know) from Northwestern, UChicago, UPenn, Notre Dame, Cornell, Indiana, Michigan.