Anyone with arthritis here and what do you do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by taclander, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I am trying to hit every avenue for arthritis and figured it couldn't hurt to ask here for ideas. My wife has arthritis and it seems to have kicked up to another level in the last year, and I was wondering if anyone here who has it fairly badly has any ideas or sources of information to look into for ideas on what may help? The doctors so far have not been of much help, and the both of us are doing research to figure out various things to help.
    Thanks for any input.

2. Does she suffer from rhumatoid arthritis or osteo?

3. Osteo is the call as her tests for rheumaoid came back negative.

4. I have osteo in my hand that I got rid of with cherry juice. No kidding.
    Found out about it from the newspaper.

Before that, I was misdiagnosed with osteo in my knees which resulted in
    surgery on both knees. Turned out I had osteo neucrosis of the hips that was caused by steroid shots.

It was finally diagnosed correctly by a rhuomatologist after years of suffering. If the pain is in her knees make sure she gets a knee xray. That is where the pain initially manifests itself.

I've had two artificial hips for the past 20 years and they feel great because I had a great surgeon for the job.
    Good luck.

5. Thank you, I will let her know and it seems prety safe to at least try. So far her neck and hands are where the majority of the problems are occuring.