Anyone with an issue getting TWS to launch this morning?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tango29, Feb 5, 2020.

1. tango29

tango29

It started to do an update and then I had an alert that their certificate wasn't valid. I also had a box pop up asking about what my internet connection was, a direct internet connection, or if it was through a proxy. I closed and now getting a message that file or directory not found or empty.
    I love updates that screw up. Seems to be a common theme with IT.
    On another note I have in the past thought of keeping a log of how much time I waste trouble shooting tech problems with my or my families computers. I have wondered if the amount of time wasted fixing tech offsets the time saved using tech, not to mention the overall pain in the ass index it reaches on quite a few occasions.

2. tango29

tango29

I redownloaded and installed and all is well other than I have to go through the start menu to TWS to open it. If I click the icon on my desktop I am still getting the same error message.

3. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

Todays update is just total bunk...the performance is worse than the previous version. Its a joke

4. tango29

tango29

Yep, I now lost the overnight data in my futures charts, which I need for some of my setups. F***, I hate this crap. I did a reset of settings and have it back for now. I couldn't find the option for overnight data in the configurations menu, which I thought I knew where it was from past changes, but I guess not.

5. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

I'm sorry upgrade did not go well; I'd like to understand and correct this (for you and for others in the same situation). Can you please upload your bundle via Help - Upload Diagnostics, please add note "re ET issue with charts" and PM me your first 4 letters of your user name. Thank you.

6. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

I'd like to correct this; can you please upload your bundle via Help - Upload Diagnostics, please add note "re ET issue with charts" and PM me your first 4 letters of your user name. Thank you.

7. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

I'd like to check this - I will PM you.

8. tango29

tango29

dst, I replied to your PM. It just happened again with the overnight data disappearing on my charts that switch when I click on a different symbol from the quote monitor. Worked for about an hour, but has changed again.

9. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

I PM'd

But can we please get the offline installer of the previous version of TWS Latest at least made available to us? Please

Surely there must be a better alternative than having to jump all the way back to the ancient STABLE version

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  10. tango29

tango29

I did find the setting to change back to include overnight under EDIT and Chart Parameters on the top of the charts. I changed the affected charts and saved again.

#10     Feb 5, 2020