Anyone with a thinkorswim account….

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by opt789, Jul 29, 2011.

1. opt789

opt789

Yes, and I also know the sky is blue, grass is green, and the people in Washington are incompetent.
    You still owe me money for calling you a few years ago.
    :)

#11     Aug 1, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, I'm just saying when you ask others to see if they have the same issue, there is an 80 delta that they don't even know what their settings are set to. Therefore some will tell you their quotes are fast, others will complain they are slow. The reality is the default setting TOS uses is delayed. So if the user does not change this, they will not be getting real time quotes. Just want to clarify that for others that might jump in here. We are in agreement on the other items on your list.

#12     Aug 1, 2011
  3. opt789

opt789

I am seeing a lot of quote freezing today.
    The freeze lasts about the same amount of time – anywhere from 1 second to 10 usually – but it seems to be happening a lot today.

I have even tried completely uninstalling the program on a second computer and reinstalling it with all generic settings to make sure there wasn’t anything corrupted, but that made no difference.

#13     Aug 2, 2011
  4. raincity

raincity

I'm seeing a sometimes significant delay when comparing Think or Swim charts to IB Charts. The price difference on YM Futures can exceed $10 at times. (My quote speed is set to Real Time.)

Anyone else having this problem?

#14     Aug 8, 2011
  5. opt789

opt789

Most of the day today things were looking pretty good, but as we had the selloff into the close I had a ton of slowness and complete quote shutdowns.

One easy way I found to watch it is to click on the Help tab from the main window then click on the “System” button. That will give you a graph with a green memory line and a red Throughput line. The red one is the one to watch and if you see it drop to zero during the day then you know you had a quote outage.

I have attached a screen shot from the other day to show what I mean. You can see the quote outage at the 13:21 mark and at 13:29.
    [​IMG]

#15     Aug 8, 2011