Anyone Winning with FXCM??

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by achilles28, Mar 24, 2007.

1. achilles28

achilles28

One week? :p

#11     Mar 27, 2007
  2. About 3-4 days of making money off their laggy / spiky dealing desk feed, I received and email stating they were 'upgrading my account'. :p I closed my account with them and never tried their no dealing desk feed because I was annoyed at the time. They culled my golden goose.

#12     Mar 27, 2007
  3. As FXCM says unethical trader

2 pips scalper :D

#13     Mar 27, 2007
  4. Hah. I hate when 'brokers' talk about unethical trading (except trading on prior knowledge). If you and someone agree on a price and exchange something. There is nothing unethical about it. Iv heard arguments that it prevents them from being good market makers (complete bs).

#14     Mar 27, 2007
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Is that all FXCM is good for? Arbing against?
    :cool:

#15     Mar 27, 2007
  6. Pretty much. They have a lot of clients so you might gain access to some liquidity that you wouldn't through other brokers. But then again if they put you on no dealing desk you dont have access to it, which makes it pointless. They have a nice GUI too, other than that, good for nothing.

Im curious how much money I could make arbing them if I were to create a new account and trade 500k lots. I made 350pips in about 4 days before. Thats roughly 17500$USD in 4 days at 500k lots. Something tells me they would catch on a bit faster if I were trading lots that size. :p Man their dealing desk is busted, I can only imagine how much money they must be making off it for them to want to keep it so busted.

#16     Mar 27, 2007
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Which raises a good point. Is fxcms NDD just order matching between retail clients or with banks?

i imagine the former.

#17     Mar 27, 2007
  8. from what i saw it was from banks... with a 3 pip spread..

#18     Mar 27, 2007
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Can you arb off different interbank feeds without getting the boot?

#19     Mar 27, 2007
  10. there is no arb on the interbank feeds since they reflect the fair value. from what iv seen. its possible that the system is designed so arbs dont exist. or its also possible that institutional clients keep it in check far quicker than a retailer trader could.

#20     Mar 27, 2007