"anyone who doesn't believe in god is crazy" - bill o'reilly

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Dec 19, 2003.

1. I wish MORE Americans would say this with conviction everyday of their lives...It is so obvious that God is our creator!

Good Job Bill!

Chris

BTW, Merry Christmas to all!!!

#11     Dec 20, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

In my life I have come to the opposite conclusion, there is no god.
    I have spent a lot of time in hospitals, with very sick loved ones. I have watched family up until their last breath and the coroner takes them away. There is no god. When we die, we definitely die. It is a hard reality to accept I know. We all would like it to be warm and fuzzy. Fear is what developed religion into what it is today.
    I see all the religious fanatics. Even have them in my own family. Spend money and time all to stave off the fear of death.

I like to do all the Christmas stuff. I also eat turkey at Thanksgiving. I also defend everyone's right to think what they want.

But I know the truth.

#12     Dec 20, 2003
  3. Wittgenstein wrote that God as the meaning with life. To pray to God is to think about the meaning wif life. If you believe there is a meaning with life, you believe in God.

#13     Dec 20, 2003
  4. jem

jem

When we die we may be done we may not, no one on earth knows for sure. So I agree believe or disbelieve its your call. But if you are going to argue like GG I think you should take the others sides best arguments and show them why they are wrong.

#14     Dec 20, 2003
  5. dude, you appear to be a good trader, but you're so wrong on this.

(disclaimer: i say this with 99.9999999999999999999% certainty.)

#15     Dec 20, 2003
  6. that's bs

#16     Dec 20, 2003
  7. you don't even disagree with me. i don't say i know 100% what happens after death. i do say, from what i do know, it's probably the same as before birth. i hope there's something after death, but there is just nothing to indicate that. so i'm not gonna pretend, make up nonsense, or live in a fantasy land.

#17     Dec 20, 2003
  8. Takes one to know one.

Let's see...$25M salary, top rated news program, 3 best selling books, and longshit says he's an idiot.

Hey, can I be an idiot too?

#18     Dec 20, 2003
  9. yes...but you do it for free. why are you still here...i thought you made a deal???

#19     Dec 20, 2003
  10. Recently one of my 5 year old cousins was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. He is an extremely bright and social kid and loves being with people. When we found out the news, we were devastated. He doesn't live near us, but is with the other side of our family in Michigan. When my father had his heart attack, I was also faced with an extremely difficult period. I questioned god then and I question god today. However, I will say this -- when my father went in for surgery, I was extremely calm the entire time. He was probably in for at least 5 or so hours, but during that entire time I was very at peace with the situation. The reason is that I was overwhelmed with a feeling of support and presence from something I could not explain. This of course is not proof for any person but it is proof for myself, and that is what matters in my life.

Also, I knew a nurse who worked in a hospital and dealt with older patients who came to get checked in but never checked out -- at least not checked out on the hospital's registry. Through all the pain and suffering that went on, there was a reoccurring theme. When many of the people approached their last hours of life, many were overcome with a sense of peace and understanding. Some said they saw light or an angel in their room near death (although they were probably on heavy medication at the time). I know of a man who was jewish his entire life (orthodox) and converted to Christianity about an hour before his death because he felt Jesus with him.

I've lost two grandfathers and several other family members, although I have yet to be next to someone when they take their last breath. I'm not sure how I would handle that situation, but I do know that my mom said that when she was present when her father died, everyone in the room felt a presence and an extreme sense of understanding and peace when the heart monitor flat-lined.

So in spite of everything I have read about science and medicine, I firmly believe that there is indeed something beyond what most of us perceive on a daily basis.

I remember as a kid my grandfather become a "born again" Christian and all he ever talked about with me were stories from the bible, etc. In some respects, I got turned off from religion for awhile because it felt like such a brain-washing mentality.

As I got older I realized he was doing those things simply out of love and he felt very adamant about his beliefs, which was admirable. It took some time before I rediscovered religion for myself and choose to accept that, yes, god does exist and that there are many things that happen in our lives that we become very angry over and then proceed to blame god for their occurrence.

I don't necessarily believe in the Judo-Christian god, but I do believe in a creator which I call god for convenience. I believe that everyone was given free-will and the opportunity to use it as they see fit. The evil applications of free-will are not god's fault, however. We live in a world that appears to be absent from his reach, but in reality the truth of his existence resides in our own and that is, in my opinion, every man and woman's path to explore on their own.

#20     Dec 20, 2003