Anyone watching the Nikkei?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by polpolik, Jun 1, 2006.

1. i would think the correction is close to being done.

15% correction in a couple of months seems about enough to get new buyers in. I was just on a different thread and someone made an observation (which I agree with), the bond market didn't budge when Bernanke opened his trap a couple of days ago.

This may indicate a pause on the rate hike? could be wishful thinking.

The Nikkei looks like a rubberband stretched a bit too far, it maybe ready for its next upmove to 17k and beyond.

#11     Jun 7, 2006
  2. Nikkei meltdown. 10% down in 5 days.

#12     Jun 8, 2006
  3. 14,500ish now...the question is....will it drop below 14000 tomorrow :D

#13     Jun 8, 2006
  4. And how will this affect the US markets? looking pretty bad right now.

#14     Jun 8, 2006
  5. The India market (BSE Sensex 30) is now down 25%+ at the moment from its recent highs. That is quite the drop.

#15     Jun 8, 2006
  6. ES and NQ are down big overnight (NQ is down 10+, ES is at 1247).

#16     Jun 8, 2006
  7. Looks like Asia got hit with the ugly stick... Tomorrow should be interesting in the US.

#17     Jun 8, 2006
  8. BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD IN THE STREETS TOMORROW ^_^

#18     Jun 8, 2006
  9. can u imagine the pain of jap investors who bot the recovery idea at the beginnin' of the yr....many maybe takin' out their money from bonds and such and sayin' yeah, finally i can trade-revenge this bastid that took me out in 2000, omfg, yeah, to get grim reaped in just 4months..hee hee...well not too funny innit, R0R.

#19     Jun 8, 2006
  10. It was not Japanese investors who were buying. Foreign institutional investors made up the majority of those buying and they have been looking to unwind their specs that used the extra free money.... it shouldn't be that much of a suprise in retrospec and it may get worse before we see another bottom.

Long term though Japan looks good... but how many years can you hold waiting for the pay off?

#20     Jun 8, 2006