Anyone using Tradingview for futures charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by _eug_, Apr 12, 2020.

1. _eug_

_eug_

I've been using the free version for a while to pick off my levels from and then execute from a different platform, this was OK since mostly swing trading. I need to be able to see continuous non back adjusted futures charts since I trade levels. The free version with the delayed feed has the perfect charts using tickers like ES1!, CL1!, etc. I want to upgrade to live charts so I got a demo with CQG to see what the live Tradingview chart will look like and unfortunately it doesn't look like the continuous charts are available anymore with the CQG feed, only the current and future months.

Anyone able to get the continuous ES1! or other futures charts in live mode? I don't plan to execute on Tradingview, just really enjoy the charting tools.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  2. Handle123

Handle123

When not at home like Investing.com for stocks, don't think their futures are reliable.

3. Axon

Axon

Look for ticker SPX500USD in Tradingview, that's the Oanda S&P feed. The volume is different but the price is very close to /ES and there is no delay. There's one for /YM too but I don't know it off the top of my head.

4. schizo

schizo

Who's your futures broker? AMP offers free TV and CQG for their customers.

Otherwise go with Investing.com, which is essentially powered by TV.
    https://www.investing.com/indices/us-spx-500-futures-streaming-chart

5. _eug_

_eug_

My issue is that the demo im doing on the tradingview / cqg combo doesnt give me ability to construct a continuous contract which is odd because the free version with delayed data has it.

The options with the demo for live data CQG log in:

upload_2020-4-13_13-24-31.png

Options with no login at all:

upload_2020-4-13_13-25-11.png

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  6. schizo

schizo

Did you try the Investing.com link above? :rolleyes:

7. _eug_

_eug_

Yes i use that a lot actually.

8. schizo

schizo

Then what are you complaining about? Look, I can access nearly 5 months of 15-minute data of ES. (In fact I can access more than this if I wanted.)

upload_2020-4-12_23-49-38.png

9. _eug_

_eug_

Those are CFD charts they are just not 100% accurate to the futures chart. All good and fine if swing trading etc with minimal leverage but I need a more serious feed for what I plan to do. I used sierra chart in the past but i just much prefer the charting with tradingview. I'll still execute on a dom elsewhere.

10. Zor_Champ

Zor_Champ

Yeah, it's pretty shit. the CFD's charts with no volume and incorrect data are utter shit as well.
    The only way around this is to subscribe to tradingview's own datafeeds, then you can see realtime continuous ES1! GC1! etc.

[​IMG]

But then you end up paying twice for data, and you can't execute trades through these charts, so you need to have the CQG chart/symbol open as well. pretty rubbish overall.

#10     Jul 17, 2020