Anyone using TradeNavigator?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by osorico, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Price ladder is a powerful instrument

This platform needs to fix some bugs, but I think it will be the standard in the months ahead

A very good platform!

Strategy Runner charting seems the oldest, horrible tool now available on the market

Trading the e-minis only (CME CBOT) and the Eurex/Liffe markets what is the monthly price of Trade Navigator

Lorenzo

#31     Jan 14, 2006
  2. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Hey, you need to fix some bugs here!

...others: no bid-ask on price ladder today (Euro FX)

Prices on chart are slow...more slow than PATS!

At this moment I am testing Trade Navigator, with Trade Maven and Strategy Runner (my usual trading platforms) and Trade Navigator is slow (lagging 1 second).....hhmmm

[​IMG]

Lorenzo:confused:

#32     Jan 16, 2006
  3. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Where are bid and ask size??

[​IMG]

Lorenzo:confused:

#33     Jan 16, 2006
  4. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Well...finally.... I thought ... I have found the best trading platform.... but the feed is slow damn!...and the source is from Transact...unbelievable!

The same data feed.... with Trade Maven works fine and with Trade Navigator is lagging!

What's going on? I have completely worked out the problem with my CPU Usage...but Trade Navigator is lagging (1 second) and has a lot of bugs

If you are a daytrader you can buy or sell at market..otherwise if you want to scalp....in fast market 1 second is very important

You aren't able to place a limit order!

I would say that this platform is really a great piece of software, but there are still some problems...at least for scalpers

At this moment Trade Maven is the fastest, no doubt....but not so stable

Strategy Runner is reliable but the charting is indecent...

That's incredible!:mad:

Lorenzo

#34     Jan 16, 2006
  5. Clearly BS....!

#35     Jan 16, 2006
  6. Xenia

Xenia

Any improvements or is T-Navigator still lagging ?

#36     Jan 31, 2006
  7. katesdp

katesdp

Latest Build is 650

#37     Jan 31, 2006
  8. Build 650: 'The newest build is ready with the fixes for allowing delayed synthetic and combined symbols to work correctly with realtime electronic symbols while streaming. There are also some other misc. fixes (e.g. depth-of-market working under European regional settings, correct time zone adjustment being
    made for foreign symbols in the Transact data stream, black/white color settings on price ladder, etc.).'

#38     Feb 1, 2006
  9. Truff

Truff

so far this is a nice product. I have only used the demo so far but i really like it. Wait for all the bugs to be ironed out and this will be a super platform.

#39     Feb 1, 2006
  10. bvam1

bvam1

I am currently using TradeNavigator Platinum to backtest my system. Of course, we all know the backtesting is only as good as the data that you use. TradeNavigator seems to have unreliable historical data. It is not clean. So, their backtesting system is useless.

Just check out their 1 minute chart for the $SPX. There are many, many, many times when the "Open, High, Low, Close" quotes are the same (i.e. Open 1300, High, 1300, Low 1300, Close 1300). For this to actually happen once within a minute time frame is a rare occassion.

Also, I have found that in 6/17/98, for instance, the $SPX price as quoted by TradeNavigator increased by around 8 pts, yet, the ES futures (sept.98 contract) decreased by .5 pt. I find this extremely hard to believe.

So, if you're using TradeNav. to backtest your system, you better be sure to verify their data with a reliable source first.

#40     Feb 2, 2006