Anyone using TradeNavigator?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by osorico, Jan 10, 2006.

1. jeffgil

jeffgil

No, we have an in-house datafeed that allows us to offer clients a simultaneous connection to both our servers and the exchanges servers when placing orders. The original framework was designed strictly for prop house traders. This also allows us to keep out costs very competitive. Costs vary by size of account and trading volume.

#21     Jan 13, 2006
  2. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

I lost the server connection three times in the last three days

...during the 2.10 pm - 2.50 pm

Just wondering why they have this problem?

I have another account with Global with SRunner and all it's OK

Well.. Past with SR is more stable but the charting is bulls**t

TradeMaven offers a superb charting (with days back data), a speed data feed but the connection is not so reliable:mad:

Lorenzo

#22     Jan 13, 2006
  3. jeffgil

jeffgil

I agree. Maven is not stable and SR is pretty stable. The charts serve their purpose but do not compare to most charting apps including Genesis Trade Nav.

Your connection issues with TradeNav could be a number of things. Everyone's connection seems to have their own personality so it is difficult to offer a simple explanation. The demo server on our end may have had some issues this week b/c we offered several hundred demos all at once this week. I do know the server facilities are being relocated to compensate for expected increased demand. Attached is a snapshot of my Nav demo set-up today with the ZB.

#23     Jan 13, 2006

4. Its' not true Trademaven is not reliable!
    It's the datafeed that makes the difference and you know that...

#24     Jan 13, 2006
  5. Xenia

Xenia

Their (Infinity) FCM is RCG then how could it be that the server is not PATS ?

#25     Jan 13, 2006
  6. Xenia

Xenia

I think that TradeMaven works better when connected to a TransAct server (instead of RCG/PATS).

#26     Jan 13, 2006
  7. In fact TradeMaven works as excellent combination with the Transact datafeed at TMG.

#27     Jan 13, 2006
  8. jeffgil

jeffgil

I agree. We nearly began promting the software and then Maven began moving everyone off of TMG onto some other firm. They have been very inconsistent with their business plan and voiced intentions with brokerages. So we said bon voyage.

#28     Jan 13, 2006
  9. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

My account is with Transact and TM....and I also trade the European markets

The connection is not stable...speed but not stable

Pats is more stable..but not so speed... and the volume reported on tick is not correct

In other words: TradeMaven is a super platform but the transact server is not stable during the day (EURO+USA)

[​IMG]

PATS SERVERS DOES NOT REPORT A CORRECT VOLUME (The chart above has the same time bar 3 minute)

Lorenzo

#29     Jan 13, 2006
  10. jeffgil

jeffgil

TACT is upgrading server facilities to manage some occasssional issues. I agree with your feedback re Maven. It is an ok platform but I truly beleive Navigator is a step up if you rely on the integrated charting capabilities. I guarantee you one thing, if you called 10 brokers and asked if you should you Maven 9 or 10 of them would not recommend it.

#30     Jan 13, 2006