Anyone using TradeNavigator?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by osorico, Jan 10, 2006.

1. I'm having my free trial.
    Let's suppose you place your BUY 5 ZB LIMIT at 113-20/32 and
    after the click you see the '5' on the right column with the 'X'. Ok.
    Then if you click again to place another 5 lot BUY LIMIT order at the same price (113-20/32) you will receive the message:
    "You already have an order at this price" .

It seems impossible to add more than one limit order at the same price.

Any feedback about this simple operation?!

#11     Jan 12, 2006
  2. I have been using Trade Navigator for about 18 months and absolutley LOVE it. I use my broker site for realtime charts during market hours but the functions of TN are terrific. I have numerous criteria filters and functions that I have written and couldn't live without including the intraday pivots that are always calculated right there on every chart every day. I could go on forever but if you learn how to use it's features you won't want to "trade" without it.

#12     Jan 12, 2006
  3. jeffgil

jeffgil

You can use it with us for $50 a month. I posted a demo link below.

#13     Jan 12, 2006
  4. Jeffgil,

Seems you are using TradeNavigator; are able to give me please a feedback about my issue I described above?

#14     Jan 12, 2006
  5. phm1

phm1

Nice product, if it worked. I've been trying to use it all week and its been a disaster. I haven't been able to trade for 3 days, now. Before my live account, I used they're simulator and it worked fine.
    Apparently, some guys at my firm are using it with no problems at all. But, I'm afraid to trade on it. My positions get lost, and I can't tell what orders have been filled. They never seem to know what the bugs are. Just a note of caution. However, if it worked, I'd be happy with the product.

#15     Jan 12, 2006
  6. phm1

phm1

Bernard- It does that to me as well. I can't put the same size orders at the same price. It seems they have a lot of these little issues to work out. It seems their product is "young", so to speak.

#16     Jan 12, 2006
  7. jeffgil

jeffgil

Bernard,

You just click on the order area where it display (Buy 5 Limit) and a window will pop up. You can adjust your limit size here.

As a user of NinjaTrader when I trade clients, I am used to having the ability to scale in or scale out in one click. This feature along with other user friendly features are being added step by step to Navigator. We are working with the programmers.

Like anything else these advanced featrues take time and it is best to keep things simple at first.

The order entry features that offers a price ladder with OCO capabilities as well as the ability to trade off the charts offers most traders what they need to begin. Keep in mind, the advanced charting capabilities and integrated trading for only $49 a month is what separates Navigator from any other retail platform.

J Gil

#17     Jan 13, 2006
  8. Xenia

Xenia

So what´s wrong with TradeMaven ($49/month) then ?

#18     Jan 13, 2006
  9. jeffgil

jeffgil

Trademaven is ok, but the developers have misled a lot of people into thinking there was flexibility in the firms you can use to trade with it. The system definitely has more "freeze" issues than any other platform I have ever offered. It's ok though but it does not have the charting capabilities that Genesis offers. Genesis has been a data and charting company for a long time.

#19     Jan 13, 2006
  10. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Trade Navigator's data feed is from PATS?

I mean with InfinityBrokerage...

Lorenzo

#20     Jan 13, 2006