Anyone using the old AHG method sucessfuly?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by AHGChat, May 24, 2013.

1. You can email him and he will respond but then it's up to you to filter his responses and that's the game he plays.

Problem with him is that he has vast trading knowledge but also has a twisted sense of humor, which makes him dangerous to use as a source.

The one thing I can tell you is that I presented a problem I had with my own techniques and he was very helpful into pointing me in the right direction, but it took effort from my part to get him to say the right things and stop derailing my thoughts.

I'm convinced he does not trade the way he discussed in ET.

#11     May 26, 2013
  2. Well I don't have his email address but I've been told that he doesn't trade the way he discussed on ET. His thread was indicators and HH HL stuff.

#12     May 26, 2013
  3. Al Brooks is using it successfully :D

#13     May 26, 2013
  4. I have certainly used many aspects of what is found in AHG after reading the manual , I did spend time in IRC room with anek and he was very knowledgeable but I certainly cant attest to his trading profitability . Anyone adopting a price action style will benefit from reading/studying the AHG manual , it is logical and will help identify the psychology behind naked chart patterns . I have developed a style that is an amalgamation of styles and theories from several knowledgable traders , the one thing is to make it yours , need screentime and plenty of it to own it . Without experience you will never be a competent trader , no-one has ever made it from just reading a book . Call yourself a trader when you don't even need to think about what to do , unconscious competence is the realm of experts

Rock on .....................

#14     Jun 2, 2013
  5. What a lot of new readers of Anek's threads do not understand is that he had not been a futures trader that long before starting his thread. He had been fortunate with stocks and started with index futures at a time when big swings were common. His thread is more of him outlining his journey than anything else. He started with indicators but slowly quit them. He started as a scalper, but slowly moved to swing trading. Those who spent time with him in his irc room saw more of this I suspect than the casual thread reader. I am not aware of him ever showing a p/l sheet to anyone. He did not call his trades typically, but would state when he had entered, when he added, moved stop and exited. I saw enough. Not a scam artist in my humble opinion.

Anyone now trying to trade the early scalping routines may find the market a little different now. However, the basic price action movements of the market are the same.

my 2c worth.

#15     Jun 2, 2013
  6. Arnie

Arnie

This guy had a pretty good system for stocks. I don't trade exactly like this, but its a pretty simple way to trade for someone just starting out. The key was his discipline. I imagine this could be adapted to futures.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148752

PS: I traded with him in Robert Weinstiens room a few years back, and saw him make real time calls.

#16     Jun 3, 2013
  7. Eight

Eight

I'm using AHG with huge success. I now hang with the best politicians that money can buy and I pay them to not pass a law against AHG. That's how good I am at it.

#17     Jun 3, 2013
  8. I think Anek was just a guy hungry for attention, who captured the hearts and minds of millions of loosing traders. for some1 who supposedly makes tons of juice from trading, he was too erratic and had a religious like manner of dealing with dissendents. i think there r many successful traders out there, i just dont think they will give their methods away to a bunch of disciples for free. if anything, anek was an early disciple of Al Brooks via the higher high lower low doctrine. certainly he ran a thread with the highest alltime following. but i really doubt that he was successful,

A gentleman i know, trades out of california and runs free webinars each saturday sitting with strangers for 3-4 hours. he shows his entire method without asking anything. he doesnt run an icrc outfit. well of course he ask steep price for his mentoring. yet he doesnt maintain a stupid website and doesnt run a log thread.

our bra Pigsky could be right. AHG was a fraudster project.

#18     Jun 7, 2013
  9. I don't know how anyone can still buy this guy and his TA tales--- just goes to show how desperate some are to believe. Amazing how he kept people going for so many years.

Others have done far worse and charged money for it but nonetheless what a waste of time and life for all involved.

#19     Jun 8, 2013
  10. WD40

WD40

He's just a flash in the pan. No biggie.
    History repeats itself; you make money when the going is good, and the market takes them back when the real test comes. If you have read through the journals, you will see him (and his cronies) kept tweaking the method. The only reason you need to tweak is because your old method wasn't working. ie incurred bitter losses. Not small losses, but bitter big losses. You see, in trading, small losses you can ignore (or absorb), because small losses can be covered by big profits. The only reason you want to tweak is because your losses have become bigger than your profits. There are many ways to tweak, but his method will only give your curve fitting, which will look good in hindsight, but always an elusive grail in real life. because when the backtest looks good, the real time market sentiment has already changed, and you will need to tweak again. If he has made $100k in a year, I bet you it is a result of $1.1mil gain, and $1mil loss. Seen it dozens of times in many wannabees. Nothing wrong with that... until one day the win is $1mil, and the loss is...

#20     Jun 8, 2013